Or Not to Be

< Alison's POV >

I woke up to Emily holding me tightly and crying. I open my eyes and sure enough, Emily is crying hysterically. "Emily, what's wrong?" I ask as I stand up to give her space. But she pulls me right back down.

"Please don't leave me." She says quietly as she cries.

"Emily, what happened?" I ask softly as I wipe her tears away with my fingers. But all she did was put her head down. "Baby, please talk to me."

"My mom called from Texas." She sobs.

"What did she say?" I ask as I wrap my arms around her neck. She looks up at me with tears in her eyes. She didn't want to say it. "Emily, you can trust me."

"My dad was attacked. He's dead." She cries. She pulls me in close to her and cries into my shoulder. "I don't have a dad anymore!"

"I am so sorry, Emily." I say quietly as I hold her.

And before either of us could say anything else, Spencer and Hanna walk out from the hospital room with tears in their eyes. And they weren't happy tears.

"Spencer? Hanna? What happened? Is Aria okay?" I ask as I comfort Emily.

"Yeah Aria's okay." Spencer says as she wipes her tears. "But the baby passed away."

"What?" I ask. How could this be happening?

"He had an seriously undeveloped heart. And the doctors couldn't save him." Hanna adds as she wipes her tears.

"Em, what's wrong?" Spencer asks. She doesn't say a word. She just breaks down again. I shoot Spencer a look that reads, now is not the time.

"Well Spencer and I are gonna take off. See you later." Hanna says and the walk out.

"Ali?" Emily asks quietly.

"Yes baby?" I respond as I wipe more of her tears away.

"Can we just keep this between us? For now?" Emily asks. I give her a small smile.

"Anything for you, my love." I assure her. I pull her into a strong hug. "I love you."

"I love you too." She says quietly. "Can we go home now?" She asks as she sniffles.

"Sure. I'm going to go visit Aria, do you want to come?" I ask her. She nods. I get up and then help Emily to her feet. I take her hand and interlock our fingers, then we enter Aria's hospital room. She was asleep but you could tell she has been crying a lot. Jason was sitting in the chair beside her and he had tears in his eyes.

"Hey Jason." I say as I give him a hug. "I'm so sorry."

"Thanks." He says as he wipes his tears.

"How is she?" I ask him as I look at Aria.

"She's heartbroken." He replies as he takes Aria's hand into his. "I'm gonna stay here with her tonight." He tells me.

"Alright. Well if you need anything, just call." I tell him. I give him one last hug and then walk out with my broken girlfriend.

And in a blink of an eye, everything had changed.