Runaway Bride

< Alison's POV >

"Emily, do you take Alison to love and cherrish for the rest of your life?" Emily squeezes my hands tightly and smiles at me.

"I-"

"STOP THE WEDDING!" Emily turns her head and looks back to see who was interrupting our wedding.

"Oh my fucking god." I hear Emily mumble as she stares at the person in the back of the church. I turn my head to see who it was.

At the back of the church, I see a girl I didn't recognize. I had never seen her before. But Emily knew exactly who she was.

"No. Freaking. Way." Spencer says as she stares at the girl. I scrunch my eyebrows. Who was this person and why was everyone acting like they had seen a ghost?

"Emily-" The girl starts.

"Maya!" Emily says breathlessly as she runs down the aisle and hugs her tightly. And in that moment, my heart shattered to a million pieces. Before I knew it, tears were streaming down my face. I couldn't handle watching that, so I ran.

"Alison wait!" Aria shouted as she ran after me. She chases me all the way out to the parking lot. I lean against a tree and begin to cry hysterically. Aria pulls me into her arms and comforts me.

"She left me. Emily left me!" I wail as I cry into her shoulder. Aria holds me tightly and trys to calm me down. But it was no use. "What am I going to do?!" I collapse to the ground and continue to cry. Aria takes a seat on the ground and puts her arm around me. But the only person I wanted to be comforted by was Emily. But she was Maya.

"Hey. Emily loves you. We all know that." She says calmly. But I couldn't stay calm. I was crying so hard, I shook.

"She didn't say I do, Aria." I remind her. Aria looks to the ground. She didn't know what to say. She just sits there and watches me cry. There was nothing anybody could do. I just wanted Emily.

< Emily's POV >

As I turned my head to the back of the church, I see her. I see Maya. After that, the entire world moved in slow motion. Without thinking, I ran down the aisle and held her in my arms. "You're alive!" I whisper as I hold her.

"Emily." She says, pulling away. She looks back at the alter. I turn around and see Spencer and Hanna standing there, staring at us with their mouths open. But Alison was gone.

I had two choices. I could chase after Alison and save our relationship, or I could stay with Maya and learn why she faked her death. The answer came to me before I could even finish asking myself the question.

< Alison's POV >

As I cried, Aria rubbed my back in attempt to calm me down. "Everything's going to be o-" she stops and pulls her hand away from my back. I look up to see Emily sprinting towards me. And within seconds, she was standing in front of me. "I'll be in the church." Aria mumbles as she got up and walked back towards the church.

"Alison-"

"Don't." I mumble as I try and hide my tear-stained face with my hands.

"Alison-"

"EMILY DON'T!" I scream as I get up and start to run. I hear Emily running after me, but eventually I lost her. As I sprinted down the streets, it started to rain. But I didn't care. I ran all the way to the one spot that always made me feel better. Our spot. The spot where Emily proposed. The kissing rock.

By the time I got there, it was downpouring. I walked slowly into the opening to find Emily sitting on the rock, waiting for me. I considered running but I had nowhere else to go. I stood in the woods while Emily stared at me. I looked into her eyes and I saw tears.

"How did you find me?" I ask quietly.

"Because I know you better than you know yourself." She responds.

Emotions were running through my entire body. I was upset that our wedding didn't go through. I was embarassed that I ran. I was angry because Maya showed up. But mostly, I was heartbroken because Emily left me at the alter to go hug another girl. I had to hold my hand up to my mouth to keep myself from crying my eyes out.

"Don't run from me, Alison." She says firmly, but I could hear the hurt in her voice. A big lump formed in my throat. I couldn't speak. I just cried. "Why would you run from me?" She asks as tears roll over her cheeks. I just stare at her.

"I don't know who you are." I respond softly. I knew it wasn't the answer she wanted to hear. And it wasn't the answer I wanted to give. But that's what came out. That was the truth.

"What?" I could hear pain in her voice.

"I've been gone for two years, Emily. I don't know how you did in school. Did you get straight A's? Did you ever fail? I don't know what happened when I was gone. What A did to you. What fights you had with Spencer, Aria, and Hanna. And I don't know about your past relationships." I explained as I pushed back my tears. "Do you know how pathetic I felt when Maya showed up and I had no idea who she was? Or how threatened I felt when Samara showed up and Aria got excited that she was visiting? Or how disappointed I felt when I found out you were in love with Paige?"

"But none of that matters. I don't care about Paige or Samara or Maya. I love about you!"

"It does matter." I reply as I walk towards her. "Because I want to know everything about you. I want to know what makes you happy, what makes you sad, what annoys you, and all your habits. And I want to know exactly where you go when you are scared so I can find you and protect you." At this point, we were both sobbing.

"Alison DiLaurentis." She responds firmly as she looks me in the eyes. I scrunch my eyebrows and squint my eyes. I didn't understand what she was saying. "That's my answer. To your questions." She explains as she stands up so she is at eye level with me. She takes my hands and interlock our fingers before looking me in the eyes again.

"You make me happy every single second of every single day of my life. You make me sad when you shut me out, or when you are mad at me and run away, or when you are not right by my side. You annoy me when you wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, or when you roll over in your sleep and I have to move closer to you so I can hold you in my arms, or when I tell you that I love you and you say that you love me more because I know that I love you the most. But that's what I love about you." She explains. And as she speaks, our tears of sadness turn into tears of joy and love.

"Emily, I-"

"Wait. I'm not done." She tells me as she squeezes my hands. "My habits are sleeping with you curled up in my arms, saying good morning, Beautiful every morning, and hugging you from behind. And whever I feel scared, I turn to you because you make me feel safe. You are always there for me, Alison. Even when I want to be alone, you don't give up on me. And I know I messed up today, and I am so sorry. Please don't give up on me now."

"I haven't." I respond quietly.

"But?" She asks, as she braces herself for what I was going to say next. I let go of her hands.

"You left me at the alter to go hug another girl, Emily." I remind her. "And not just anybody, your ex-girlfriend!" And then my tears went back to being tears of sadness and heartbreak. "And she got what she wanted because she ruined the wedding. I walked out of that church without you and in tears!" I admit to her. "That's not how weddings are supposed to end, Emily."

"When you left the church, you left me with a choice. I could have stayed with Maya to find out why she faked her death, but I didn't. I chased after you and waited in the rain for you to show up because I don't want to lose you. Ever." At this point, she went back to tears of heartbreak too.

"You didn't say I do, Emily." I wailed. I wasn't angry or guilty anymore. I was heartbroken. I stood up there and promised to love her forever, and she didn't. And that hurt more than anything.

She looked me straight in the eyes as she allowed herself to cry. I could see the guilt in her face, which just made everything hurt even more. She took my face into her hands and kissed me passionately. When the kiss ended, she looked me in the eyes and whispered, "I do."