Please Don't Leave Me

< Emily's POV >

Last night we got home from the lakehouse around two in the morning, so I slept in until about noon. I heard a knock at my door.

"Emily? Can we talk?" It was my mom. I sit up and turn my lamp on. She walks over and sits at the end of my bed.

"Mom, what's going on? I ask concerned. My mom looks at me with a serious face.

"Your father and I talked it over and..."

"Mom...?"

"We are moving to Texas. He's doing training there and it would be nice to have a fresh start after all that has happened." She finished. My heart drops. I jump out of bed out of rage.

"Mom! You can't do this! I don't want to leave! I can't!" I scream.

"Emily-"

"No! I'm not going. I can't leave Alison now! I just got her back!" I scream. A billion thoughts raced through my mind. If I moved, who would protect Ali? Who would be there for her?

"We leave tomorrow morning." She says and then walks out. I snatch my phone and send a text to the girls.

E: SOS. Ali's House. NOW.

I grab my keys and speed over to Alison's house. I practically broke the door down. I catch Ali as she runs down the stairs. "Emily! What's wrong?!" She screams. She hugs me, relieved that I was there with her.

"Can we go some place to talk?" My voice was shaky. I was trying to keep it together because I knew it would make Ali too nervous if I cried. We go up to her room and close the door. I sit on the the bed and Ali climbs into my lap.

"Emily?" She asks. I take both her hands as I take a deep breath. I didn't know how I was going to tell her. It hurt too much.

"I'm...I'm moving." I say quietly. I watch as the color drains from Alison's face. She immediately breaks down into tears, which broke me down to tears to. I squeeze her tightly and I wasn't going to let go. "I'm so sorry!" I cry. I could feel Ali's body tremble in my arms as she cried hysterically.

"Don't leave me! Please!" She screams into my shoulder. I hold her tightly as we both cry. "I need you! Please Emily!" She cries. My tears uncontrollably roll down my cheeks as I hear her completely lose it.

"There's nothing I can do about it, Baby." I say calmy as I rock her back and forth. She was hysterical.

"No! Please! I can't lose you!" She cries. And just when I think I was done crying, I just break down again. "Don't go!" She screams at the top of her lungs. I hold her as tightly as I can.

"Shh Baby. Please don't cry." I tried to stay strong, but my voice shook with every word I said. Once she seems to calm down, I pull away so I can look into her eyes. "Listen to me. You are going to be okay. You have Spencer, Hanna, and Aria here with you. You will not be alone." She begins to cry again. I had to clench my teeth together to keep myself from crying. "I love you, Alison. I love you so much. And I always will." I promise her. She begins to cry at the top of her lungs. I hold her close to my body.

Spencer, Hanna, and Aria barge into the room. "Oh my god!" Aria shouts.

"What happened?" Spencer asks.

"Emily...?" Hanna asks quietly. Ali lifts her head from my shoulder and rests it back onto my chest. I hold her tightly as I try to calm down.

"I'm- I'm moving to Texas." I tell them. Hanna and Aria immediately start to cry, but Spencer just stands there. She was stunned. When I said it again, Ali completely loses it again.

Spencer sits down in the chair behind her and tries to breathe. "Whe-When do you leave?" She asks. Her voice was low and shaky.

I look down at Alison who is still crying. I didn't want her to know, but I had to tell her. I squeeze her hands tightly. "Tomorrow morning." I say softly.

Alison immediately starts to go hysterical. All the girls begin to cry, but not as much as Alison. I felt her shake as she cried into my shoulder. She was screaming at the top of her lungs. She couldn't even talk she was so upset.

Once the rest of the girls calmed down, they came over to comfort Alison. But Alison didn't want to listen. She just cried louder. "Um...Can I have a minute alone with her?" I ask. The girls silently nod as they file out, closing the door behid them. I pulled away from Alison so I can see her face.

"I swear to you, Alison DiLaurentis, if there was any other way to stay, I would take it. But there aren't any." She begins to calm down. "I need you to promise me that you will be happy. That you will move on from this. I need to know that you will be okay." I ask her. My eyes began to water. I didn't want to say goodbye. I took a deep breath to prepare for what Alison was going to say.

"I can't promise you that, Emily." She says as tears stream down her face. "As long as we are apart, I won't be happy. And I won't be okay. At all." She cries. I begin to cry as she speaks. Her voice sounded of sadness and desperation.

"Alison, I love you too much to let you suffer like this. I need you to move on from me." I tell her. "It would hurt too much for me to walk away knowing that I broke your heart." I tell her. But she wasn't listening. She kept repeating 'no' over and over.

Then Jason storms into the room. He sees Alison and immediately sits on the bed next to me. "Alison, I'll come back later tonight. I promise you." I say, as I slip away from Alison. Jason takes his little sister into his arms as she cries. "I love you." I tell her. I kiss her gently and then quickly walk out because I knew I was going to break down. I passed by the other girls who rushed back into the room to comfort Alison. I run to my car as cry all the way home.

- + -

When I get home, I run upstairs and begin to pack my things. I cry as I pack all the things Ali gave to me. I set them aside to put in a box labeled "Alison." Once I finished packing, all that is left is my swim jacket and a framed picture of Ali and I.

"Mom! I'm spending the night at Alison's!" I holler as I run down the stairs and out the door with the picture and jacket in hand.