N O R T H S I D E

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 1: Northside 

❈ ⋯ ❈

Before I start I would like to give the best thanks for a really good friend of mine kyllieireland  she did the cover to the book and it looks amazing. She also helped me with the description. Please follow her, and look out for her upcoming books! Thank you so much! <3

❈ ⋯ ❈

C L A I R E    E V E N S

I've learned to keep my head down. I ran the thin line when it came to my life. Never crossed those lines. Not even once.

I was always the straight A student. Never broke rules. Listened. I got by in school, unlike the others.

It was hard because my school was split.

Northside, Westside, Eastside, and Southside.

No in between. You can only be one. If you don't choose one your an outcast and an easy target for gangs and bullying.

Northside: popular kids, normally rich, high social status.

I stayed with Northside. Although, I wasn't popular I hung around that crowd. My two best friends, Aubrey and Natalie, two girls I met freshman year of high school, were apart of that group, so I just stayed to them.

The school I went too was called Kelton High, home of the Grizzly Bears, in which lived 4 blocks away from my house and neighborhoods.

The Westside was the jocks. Sports cars, girls, basically anything having to do with guys, oh, and, parties, those happened a lot.

Eastside was gangs, trouble, and drugs.

Now, the Southside, I knew barely anything about.

Nobody knew much. All we knew was, they were dangerous. No, scratch that, they are dangerous. They are the definition of dangerous.

Rumors were all we heard about them, but even the rumors scared people away from them.

The only thing personally that I knew about them, and I knew was true, as they were worse than the Eastside and that their leader, Daniel Harper was a scary guy.

"Claire Evens?"

I look up from my noteless notebook and focus my attention on the teacher.

She smiles at me, "I look forward to your presentation on Monday"

I stand up and notice the class begin to leave the room. "It's all ready and prepared, Mrs. Andrews! I hope you have a nice weekend!"

She smiled gently, "you too, tell your parents I hope to see them at church."

I nod and smile, exiting the room. I pack my bag and walk over to Aubrey's locker.

"I told you not to sell that shit to him!" A voice said.

The voice made goosebumps erupt on my entire body.