W H A T ⋆ D O ⋆ Y O U ⋆ C A L L ⋆ I T ?

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 10: What do you call it?

❈ ⋯ ❈

We left the fair quickly. I was rushed by his ushering hand in mine.

Almost falling over a few times, but it's fine, it's fine.

We walk to his car and get in. He looks around for a second before putting the hood up on his car and driving away.

"I want to go home." I whisper.

Nick looks at me, "You can't, Claire. You have to stay with me for a few days."

I look back at him. "Nick, I can't. What about my parents? What am I supposed to tell them?"

He bites his lip for a second and sighs, "Tell Cole. He'll figure out something."

I stare, confused, "What? I-I don't-"

"Claire. Trust me. Please. Just text or call him and tell him you are staying at my place for a few days."

I sigh, "Nick. He's gonna pissed."

Nick rolls his eyes, "Tell him to suck it up, and move on. Petty isn't a good color on him." He grins.

I roll my eyes and chuckle, "Whatever."

I keep my phone open to the messages. It's stuck on typing.

Cole, I'm staying at Nick's for a few days. Please don't be mad. I need you to tell mom and dad something, please? I love you. I'll talk to you as soon as I can.

I hit send and I rub my head. Nick looks at me. "Hey, it's gonna be alright, okay? He'll figure something out."

I nod and smiled weakly, "Okay."

❈ ⋯ ❈

The ride there felt long. Overbearingly long. Like every time I thought we were almost there we had 20 more miles to go.

"Nick, why do you live so far away from civilization?"

He hums, "Sadly, you'll see."

I look at him, "What?"

He shakes his head at me, "Don't worry about it. Just...you'll see, okay?"

I nod and turn on some music. He looks at me, "Did you just touch my radio?"

I roll my eyes, "You are annoying."

He hums, "Now you know how I feel."

I shake my head, and lay it against the window.

This was going to be a hectic few days.

❈ ⋯ ❈

Nick's house was beautiful.

Actually; Scratch that. I don't have a word to describe how stunning his house was. My mouth was agape for a good minute before I closed it.