V ⋆ B A C K UP

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 26: V Backup

❈ ⋯ ❈

Zane didn't take it too well. Or at least, from what I could see. His eyes were dark and his lips stayed in a firm line.

There was no reaction.

No emotion in his face.

Stone cold. Frozen in time.

He nods and walks away.

And that was the end of it.

I didn't know how to react either, in fact, maybe I was frozen in time.

"Claire."

Nope. Life continues.

Aubrey and Natalie are both looking at me. Aubrey's face is calm, but Natalie's eyes are wide.

"Are you okay?" She turns her head her eyes filling with sympathy.

My phone goes off, and I can't help the obligation to want to open it, but I nod to Natalie in acknowledgment before grabbing out my phone.

4 new messages.

V: To think, all it took was a little convincing to make Nick break your heart.

I told you.

He was going to break your heart sooner or later.

Funny how that works.

My heart dropped to my stomach.

"Claire?" I hear Natalie's voice again.

I don't respond.

Why? Who?

I look at Aubrey and Natalie, "I gotta go. My mom needs me."

And I was out.

Quicker than light. My heart pounding so hard. I could hear the pulse in my ear.

I didn't know what to do. I'm standing outside of a coffee shop holding my heart in my hand and my phone in the other.

I walk. My feet turn the corner and I'm walking.

Towards...

Well, I don't know.

Something about this hurts me.

Not physical pain, but, emotionally.

My head is swindled with thoughts.

Nick.

No.

I can't think of him. Not now. Not at this moment. Not now. Not today.

I bring my thumb to my lip and drag it down slightly.

"Yes, I'm drunk...and you're beautiful...But I'll be sober tomorrow and still think your absolutely stunning"

No.

"I'll be sure to fight off the bad dreams, love"

Stop.

"I assure you, you're good is gonna be much better than mine."

Please no.

"Wow. I can't believe I have a crush on a girl who's obsessed with Justin Bieber."

I miss him.

I don't know why or how. But I want him to hold me and comfort me.

God.

It hurts.

I want him to grab my hand and look at me. His eyes are so intoxicating. So perfect. Blue little glimmer when he's sitting in his car, the sun on him.

I like the way he looks at me. It's like a gentle smile that says, ''I'm here. Everything will be okay."

I want him to hold my hand. His warm palm in mine. His thumb rubbing against my knuckles. His fingers adjusting my fingers as to not lose his grip.

And that's how I want to feel right now. I want him to kiss me again.

Take me to the beach and show me the stars.

I bring my phone to my face and call an Uber.

I need to see him.

And now.

Like as soon as possible.

❈ ⋯ ❈

Hi. It's been a minute. I'm so sorry, second semester started and writers block is actually killing me, but I'm thinking I'm doing pretty good so far.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It's short but it's what little my brain could give me for you guys.

Hope you have a good read and a wonderful day. I love you all so much and please people vote and comment it would mean the world to me to read about what you guys think and when you vote it shows me if you like the chapter or not.

Have a great day :)

Hope to write you soon xoxo 💋