J U S T ⋆ A ⋆ P L A Y E R

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 21: Just A Player

❈ ⋯ ❈

He's still smirking. Proud as all can be. While I feel like I could break down any second.

That's all this was.

To make my brother jealous.

I get off his lap and stand up.

This is too much.

Just a little too much.

I walk away.

I grab out my phone and call Aubrey. She answers quickly, "Hi, beautiful."

I wipe my eyes, "Can you come...pick me up?"

Her voice softens and I can tell she's frowning, "Send me the directions. I'm on my way."

I end the call and send her my location. I sit down on the sand and hide my face in my palms.

He sits down next to me.

This dumbass sits down right next to me.

"You okay?"

I scoff, "Are you kidding me right now?!" I stand up moving away from him, "Screw you."

"You lied." He looks at me.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms, "About what?"

"You said that you could never be hurt by me?" He hums.

He's amused.

"Don't lie to me, Claire"

My blood is boiling. My face heats up.

"Don't talk to me. Don't look at me. Don't think about me. You are an asshole. Cold-blooded. An unsympathetic, horrible human being. Screw you." I turn around and walk away.

"Than what are you, Claire?"

I stop.

"The person who thought a person like you could ever fall for me."

❈ ⋯ ❈

I'm crying.

Over Nichlous Tomas.

I've fallen.

Aubrey hugs me and holds my face, "Can I beat his ass?"

I put my head on her shoulder. She rubs my back and hands me a tub of ice cream. "What about Zane."

I look at her, "Oh my god. Oh my god."

Shit. Shit. Shit.

She grabs my hand, "Claire. Don't."

"I cheated on him! Bree! I cheated on him."

She looks at me, "Claire. Sit down."

I sigh and rub my head, "What am I gonna do?" I whisper

She sighs and smiles weakly looking at me, "Are you happy?"

I look at her, "What?"

"Are you happy with Zane?"

"Yes," I say quickly.

"You just kissed Nick. No one does that if they are in a good relationship."

I sigh, "No..."

She smiles weakly, "We noticed."

"We?"

"Natalie and I, we noticed,"

I sigh again and lean against her bedframe. "Wow."

She nods, "You should break up with him, C."

I look at her, "Not today. Not tonight," I sigh, "I just...need a break from guys."

She smirks.

Oh no. That isn't good.

"Wanna go to a party with me and Nat? Girls night out." She grins, "Come on, It'll be fun. No boys. Just us girls. Get out."

I smile weakly at her, "Okay."

She claps her hands excitedly. "yay! Come on! Let's go put this ice cream back, wipe those tears, and change the outfit. Time to dress slutty." She smirks

I laugh and wipe my tears, "God, I missed you."

She smiles, "I'm always here for you, Clairey."

❈ ⋯ ❈

After spending 2 hours figuring out what outfit I would wear to college party because apparently to Aubrey, "hot guys go to college"

I put on some abnormally comfortable heels and get into Natalie's blue mini cooper. Aubrey sits in the back on her phone.

Natalie smiles at me, "Hey, gorgeous." She says in her deep "man" voice.

I laugh and roll my eyes, "If you don't drive."

She grins, "You loved it,"

I shake my head and chuckle, Natalie begins driving switching into another lane. I grab out my phone and click on Zane's contact.

You there?

Natalie looks over at me, "Who are you texting?"

I shut off my phone and shrug, "Cole. Telling him I'm staying at Bree's."

She nods, "Me too!" She grins cheekily and laughs.

She parks near the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street and grins, "You guys ready?"

I smile gently and nod, "As ready as I'll ever be."

They both laugh and walk inside.

As ready as I'll ever be.

❈ ⋯ ❈