M A N ⋆ C A V E

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 12: Man Cave

❈ ⋯ ❈

I back at the "Man Cave" Exactly where I wanted to be.

Not.

I wanted to be home. In my own bed. Listening to love songs on repeat, sneaking out of my room late at night stealing food, and praying that my internet wouldn't fuck up the movie I would binge.

This was the complete opposite of homey.

When we stepped inside, it was trashed. Like "I just thrown a party" trashed.

I sighed and stood still. Nick looked at me, not able to hold back the amused expression on his face.

"You are just dying to clean this place huh, Evens."

I groan, "You are disgusting"

He laughs, "I must say, the expression on your face was worth every amount of inconvenience possible." He grins at me.

I roll my eyes, "I would hit you, but I'd probably hurt myself more."

He shrugs, "Maybe. Now, since your brother was supposed to "see us here" and isn't here yet, I'll show you to your second room of the day."

I nod and grip the ends of my shirt.

This uncleanliness is getting on my nerves. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

It's not like the room would be...

Okay. I take that back.

The room was so clean I felt myself release a moan.

An actual fucking moan.

Nick laughed, "Did you just moan because this room is clean?"

I can feel my whole body get hot, and I don't respond. I sit on the bed and go on my phone.

Nick shakes his head and chuckles, "Bathroom is across the hall. I'll be in the living room. It's much easier to find stuff around her."

I nod.

What? What else do you do after you moan from cleanliness? Jesus.

Nick walks out and I stand up. I close the curtains and adjust my shorts. I look around the room.

This room was much different. It felt homey. The room was white. Blank walls, white covers, white pillows, even a small carpet that was white. Yet, being in this room was much more comfortable.

I go to the bathroom. There's a bathtub and across from it was a shower. The sink on the other side of the wall. Of course, everything was white.

They seriously need to spruce this place up.

I yawn softly and open my door to the hallway. I find the living room pretty easily. I can hear a few voices so I hesitate. I look into the living room.

Tyler, Zack, and the twins are all gathered in the living room. Jasper, Jake, and Lukus are all in the kitchen playing beer pong.

"Claire! Hey roomie!" Zack says pulling me into a hug.

I laugh awkwardly, "Roomie?"

Zack grins, "I live just next door to you, so it counts."

Jasper hums, "No it doesn't"

Lukus laughs and comes over to me, "This is a basically a frat house, Claire. Don't mind these imbeciles"

I look around, "Did you you all just get here?"

He shakes his head, ''No, we were playing football outside. We just got done."

"Where's Nick?'' I ask continuing to look around.

"He went to Buckley's to talk to your brother. He'll be back later tonight. You up for a movie night?"

I shrug and smile weakly, "Sure. I'll be in the living room."

Lukua removes his arms around my shoulder and I go to the living room. I sit next to Tyler.

He smiles at me, "Hey, stranger."

I chuckle, "Hey, how are you?"

He sighs and relaxes in the couch. "Tired. Sadly, I'm in charge of these idiots, so I have to stay awake while they are here. I have to take care of 6 kids, Claire. Kill me"

I laugh loudly, "I'll help when nessescary. If I can deal with Nick, I can deal with the children."

He shakes his head and laughs. "Sounds like a plan. Let's get this movie going."

❈ ⋯ ❈

There's something so comforting about having a whole gang gathered around you.

Some may think that's scary, but I find it comforting.

I may be going insane. Don't question it.

The twins and Jake were knocked out, but when is Jake not sleeping?

Theo and Jayden are on there phones. Nick is next to me, and Tyler and Lukus are both watching the movie calmly.

I look at Nick, "I think I'm gonna head off to bed."

He nods, "Me too. I'm right across the hall of you need anything, and Lukus is the room next to yours."

He stands up, and I follow him.

I walk into my room and sit down on my bed.

I've spent one day here, and yet, I haven't felt more at home in a place.

Strange.

❈ ⋯ ❈