T H E ⋆ F I G H T ⋆ PT. 2

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 30: The Fight Pt. 2

❈ ⋯ ❈
C L A I R E  E V E N S

People say death is slow and peaceful. Some say, you don't feel pain when your dying. Maybe you just close your eyes one night, sleep, and never wake up again.

It's peaceful. Short. Live a long loving life and you end that life in a peaceful way. Maybe slow. Maybe death could be slow, but not for me.

I hoped it would just be in my sleep. Dark. And than the light. Cold and than warm.

Blood is warm. Where it was pouring out of my body...that was very warm, but the tips of my fingers were cold and my knees began to feel weak.

I was right there. I was standing right there. Where a gun was shot. A gun that shot me.

By whom?

I didn't know.

He seemed to know.

His eyes filling with fear as blood dripped from his body.

My breathing stopped.

My heart faulted.

And than I saw nothing but black.

❈ ⋯ ❈

N I C K  T O M A S

People are loud and obnoxious. Daniel was knocked out on the floor and they just can't help but laugh. Maybe pain is funny to them. Maybe that's how they ignored pain. I guess, maybe there own, or Daniels.

I guess I'll never know. I stood there for a moment. Looking at him. His limp body. His bloody limp body. His eyes were shut and his legs were close together but his arms were spread out on the mat.

His face was to the side. He was breathing. I could tell it was ragged and he was definitely having trouble. I look around, "Someone come get him. Now." I say glaring at them.

Now it's my turn to focus on my thing.

Claire Evens.

❈ ⋯ ❈

U N K N O W N

He looks around for a moment. Through the crowd of people. He wasn't even looking at her. His eyes on something completely different, and yet, the world was still bright. The world was still shining around him. From the corner of his eye, was Claire. Smiling. He smiled back.

Some say the sun is the brightest star. He says it's the girl smiling at him with tears in her eyes. Waiting for her to hold him again. Like she once did.

The crowd didn't seem so big. The noise seemed to quiet down. The world seemed just a bit smaller.

She was crying, but she couldn't help the smile on her face when she laid her eyes on him once more.

It seemed like her gaze never left him.

He pretended not to care for a moment. Looking around. She chuckles and looks at her brother for a second and she gets down.

He pretended to look around, but he already knew what he was looking for was right in front of him.

It was the first time they realized the undeniable love between them.

❈ ⋯ ❈

C L A I R E  E V E N S

I wanted him to look back at me again, but I know why he looked away. He can't look to close to me. I put him in danger. As much as I hate it, it's true.

1 shot.

What?

I look at Cole and his eyes widen and he grabs my hands and we begin running. My eyes look around furiously.

"Nick. Nick? Where are you?"

2 shots.

Somehow I managed to move away from my brother and into the chaos of the screaming people. I had no idea where anyone was.

3 shots.

Woah.

The pain in my leg was horrible and I fell to the floor. I look down and see the blood pouring out.

Oh.

I put my hands on my leg and look around. I can't say anything. The pain is excruciating. It burns and aches.

If you want to kill me now please do. Put me out of my misery.

I look around my eyes going everywhere they possibly can.

I feel someone grab my arm and than I see a black fabric on my head and suddenly it was quiet.

"Nick." I whisper and my eyes close.

❈ ⋯ ❈