T H E ⋆ F I G H T ⋆ PT. 1

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 29: The Fight Pt. 1

❈ ⋯ ❈
C L A I R E E V E N S

It was far from over. The nightmare that is my life, in which, I won't awake up from in the next 24 hours that is.

Nick told me everything. About his deal with Cole. The package. The pictures. The fight...

I told him about V. About Zane and I. The last week of my life.

I would gladly take cold ramen, sappy tv shows, and pints of ice cream any day from what Nick went through.

I held him. I rubbed his back and ran my fingers down his arm.

Sometimes even gang leaders need to be cuddled and comforted.

He looks at me, "Claire."

I smile gently at him and push his hair out of his face, "Hi."

He smiles back and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear and kisses me gently, "That's for everything."

I smile back and kiss his forehead gently. "You don't need to thank me. I know everything now."

I looks back up at me, "I'm gonna win." He touches my face gently, "I'm gonna protect you till the end of time."

I smile and hum, "No, Nick. I can't let you do that."

He sits up and looks at me, "Why?"

"Because that means you could get hurt."

❈ ⋯ ❈

Beer cans and broken glass littered the ground. Brown grass and rocks laid on the ground. I looked up at the building. It was the size of an apartment building. Bars on the windows, which were all smashed. Vines and cobwebs decorated the walls, along with the occasionally broken brick.

I grunted and looked back down at my shoes, wearing my converse. I heard the sound of a door opening, and that's when I heard shouts and hollering of all sorts. I heard grunting.

"Claire! Zane! Liam! Over here," A voice called. I look at Cole and we stand in the crowd of people looking around. I look at Cole and swallow.

His eyes lit up and he greeted me with a smile. Zane and Liam stand behind me, keeping there gaze on the fight occurring. I happily kept mine on my brothers.

"This is really happening, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah, two guys are fighting for you. One for the wrong reasons, and the other I hope for the right ones. If not, I'll fucking kick his ass."

I laughed, "whatever."

"Ladies and gentlemen! The moment you've all been waiting! Welcome to the main event,"

The lights in the building lowered, only casting a soft silhouette on the ring. It could make out some murmurs of the crowd, before the announcer yelled, "Eastside vs. Southside!"

"Now, ladies and gentlemen. Here come our fighters. Welcome, Nick and Alex!"

Everyone just starts screaming. Defeaning.

My eyes make contact with Daniel, and he winks at me. Then my eyes land Nick, and he stares at me blankly, before moving his gaze to Liam and nodded to him.

"3,"

No, please stop.

"2,"

I can't do this.

"1,"

Oh god.

"Fight!"

No.

I closed my eyes, clutching Coles's hand tightly. This needed to over. My heartbeat so fast.

Darkness was all I could see. My eyes are sewn shut. Only the sound of screaming and yelling is audible.

I wanted this over immediately.

❈ ⋯ ❈

N I C K T O M A S

I was fighting slowly. Allowing Daniel to have the power at the start, only getting a few power punches at his chest and lip, which was now bleeding. I, on the other hand, was spotless. My stamina up, and power-hungry. My moves fast and my punches even faster.

I was a heavy fighter.

He moved closer and I could tell he wanted to keep jabbing at me, so I let him. It didn't hurt much, but it hurt him, made him tired.

That's when I caught a glance at Claire. Her face as she kept her hands to her face. She was crying, shivering. I wanted so badly to go over and comfort. I glanced at Cole who was watching me.

I wanted to scream, 'comfort Claire.' But, it's no use, that asshole couldn't care less.

"Better pay attention to me, Tomas. She's gonna be mine." He hums amused and smirks at me, "I'm gonna fuck that virginity out of her. A fresh pussy like that. Oh, I can feel it now as she moans my name."

I growled at him, causing a smirk to grow on his face.

"She wants me, she wants my dick. Although she's so skinny, I could fatten her up, make her my bitch, after you, of course."

How dare he talk about her like that. I kept to myself when fighting staying inside my mind. Better chances.

I glanced to my left. Looking at Jake, Tyler and then, I grabbed him arm throwing him the ground, kicking the shit out of him. Blood pouring out of his nose, and teeth.

"Fucking bastard ever say something like that about her again, and I'll fucking kill you. You see, with Claire she's perfect just the way she is and doesn't need sex to fulfill herself. Unlike you, she's not desperate for attention."

And with that, I kicked him one last time, and he was out like a light.