B U C K L E Y ' S ⋆ P T. ⋆ 2

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 5: Buckley's Part 2

❈ ⋯ ❈

Nick led me towards his car. It kinda surprised me how nice it was.

A nice GMC Terrian truck. I hum to myself and look at him. "This ones different then last time."

He smirks, "I have 3 cars."

I roll my eyes and get in. "You would."

He laughs to himself, "Hmm."

I lay my head against the window and watch him from the corner of my eyes as he puts down his hood and mask.

"What was the point of that?" I turn and look at him.

"There are eyes everywhere in that school." He says starting the car.

"Okay? Why is that a bad thing?" I ask, my curiosity burning.

"Look, Claire. I put you in danger with I told that you were listening to my conversation. Then I took you the Eastside. Buckley's. I shouldn't have done it, and now I have to find a way to get you out of it."

I nod, "Is that why I had you slap you?"

He nods and presses his lips together, "Yes, I had you make it seem like we were done."

I sigh weary of this answer, "Was someone watching me yesterday?"

He nods and turns into a lane. He glances at me. "Yes. I can't say who, but yes."

I don't say anything. I fiddle with my hoodie strong nervously. I look back outside the window and shut my eyes for a moment. I take a deep breath and open them again.

"Am I in danger?"

He shakes his head, "No. Not anymore."

I sigh, relieved. "Okay."

❈ ⋯ ❈

We walked inside and Nick went to the back. He sat down and looked at his phone.

I sat down and took off my hoodie fixing my shirt underneath. I put the hoodie on my legs and held my hands together on my stomach trying to keep myself
warm.

"Why the hell is it so cold in here?" I rub my hands on my arms in an attempt to warm them.

Nick sighs and takes off his hoodie and hands it to me. "Professional courtesy." He says to me.

I laugh, "Whatever makes you feel better." I put it on his hoodie and look at the menu.

"What are you doing?"

I look up at him, "Getting food. I'm starving."

He scoffs, "I was gonna get you some fries."

I shake my head, "You think fries are gonna kill my fat-ass? You're funny."

I smile as the waiter comes up. "I'll have two cheeseburgers, um...a side salad please with no onions and tomato. Can you bring out a plate of just fries? Extra ketchup. Um...Oh! I would also like some zucchini fries and maybe a chicken wrap." I grin and close my menu and hand it to her.

Nick raises his eyebrows at me. "Um...okay. I'll have a cheeseburger and some fries. Thanks."

I smile at her and lean into the chair. Nick looks at me.

I shrug, "I figured we would be here for a while."

He scoffs, "Not for a week."

I shrug, "That'll last me...a few hours."

He laughs, "You are definitely a sight, Evans." He shakes his head and leans against the booth.

I grin, "I try."

❈ ⋯ ❈

"So you're telling me Southside is after me?" I gulp.

He nods, "Yup. The Eastside and the Southside are enemies. More than the other gangs."

"Other gangs?" I falter.

Nick laughs, and I can't help but tingle at it. "Wow. Of course, there are more gangs. There's a lot of gangs you don't know about. The 4 main ones are, of course, North, South, East, and West."

I nod, "That makes sense. Who're the leaders of the North and West."

Nick smirks. "That's for you find out. Don't worry. With his inconvenience...you might find the Northside leader."

I roll my eyes, "Why can't you just tell me?"

He sighs, "I just can't. Okay?"

I sigh and lean back in my chair, "Okay."

"Anyway, Daniel hates me. For...personal reasons...so because I told a few of my guys about you...he somehow found out about the drug deal."

"Drug deal?" I ask my curiosity burning.

He sighs, "One the Southside gang members sold one of my guys some...product...and he had a reaction and is currently in the hospital."

I don't respond. I look down and pick at my fingers nervously.

He looks at me. "You can't tell anyone, understand?"

I nod.

"Claire. I need you to say it."

"I promise I won't tell anyone."

He sighs and finishes his burger. "Are you done eating?"

I look up at him, "Yeah, why?"

He stands up, "You are gonna meet the gang."

❈ ⋯ ❈

I can be consistent with uploading. I'll try to be.

I want to try to upload every two days because I love writing this story.

Anyway, please vote and comment on what you think!

Much love,

Gabby ♡