A N S W E R S

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 34: Answers

❈ ⋯ ❈

WARNING: This chapter does contain sexual assault and it may be offensive or not suited for some viewers.
READ WITH CAUTION.

❈ ⋯ ❈
Betrayal; expose (one's country, a group, or a person) to danger by treacherously giving information to an enemy.

It didn't hurt that much. Seeing his face. At first, it was comforting, but when I realized no one else was with him, I knew what this was.

He smirks at me and cocks his head to the side studying my face, "This could've all been avoided, Claire. All of this. It could've been nice and simple."

Suddenly there was an opening and he walks inside. I sit up and squirm my body away. I'm shaken.

Completely and utterly shaken.

Zane looks at me and moves closer. He reaches out his hand, and something in his eyes shift.

I recognize him.

"Come here," he whispers.

I looked at him and don't do anything. He pulls me close to his chest and holds me. I notice the gun at the side of his pants and I slowly move my arms around his waist.

I feel his lips form a smile and suddenly his lips are on my neck, "Claire." He whispers. "I love you so much"

I nod keeping my eyes on his leg, I slowly put my head on his shoulder and rub his back, "I love you." I mumble.

He looks at me and smiles. He kisses my lips passionately and his hand goes under my shirt. His hands are warm and suddenly I'm lifted in the air.

He carefully shifts my body when puts me against the glass and kisses my chin. "Claire..."

No. I can't. Not with him. I don't want him.

He meets my eyes and I look up quickly and my eyes widen. He knows.

I reach for the gun and he grunts and pins my arms against the glass and shakes his head. "That was a bad mistake."

I feel him pull away and I drop down to the floor roughly. I wince and look at him. "Nick is gonna save me." I glare at him and hold my leg.

He smirks and rolls his eyes, "When will you learn, Claire?! He doesn't care about you! No one does! But me!"

I flinch and bring my legs closer to my body. He looks at me and shakes his head. For a second I notice a flash in his eyes and he leans against the glass crossing his arms.

"I want you."' He looks at me. "Again. Like that day. I want you to look at me the way you did that night."

I shake my head, "Stop." I whisper.

He moves closer to me. "I want you."

I look at him. "Zane."

His eyes widen and he shakes his head and stands over me. "You caused this! This-this is your fault!"

❈ ⋯ ❈

I let go after it happened. I felt my soul leave my body.

I never thought something like that could actually happen. I never imagined what it could do a person.

He let go of my hands and he doesn't say anything. His eyes are cold. He stands up and lifts up his jeans and he clears his throat and walks out.

I sit up slowly pulling up my pants. I swallow and don't speak a word.

That broke me. Officially.

Vomit.

That's it. That's what broke me. Tears falling down my face carefully. Taking there normal route. At this point, I feared that my cheeks would be permanently stained.

I felt sick to my stomach.

My eyes looking at my shaking hands. The lights dimmed slowly and I could myself go weak. I lay my head down on the hard concrete and I close my eyes and dream this nightmare away.

The whole thing replayed in my head and I couldn't help but cry. Small whimpers.

I need Nick.

❈ ⋯ ❈