F I G H T ⋆ F O R ⋆ H E R

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 28: Fight For Her

❈ ⋯ ❈

N I C K T O M A S

It all seemed to come together. Why Cole told me to do what I did.

It was because of V.

He's been setting up traps for everyone. From the start of it all. The beginning. He was smart. Slick and sneaky.

He was ahead of the game, before anyone knew there was one.

That killed me inside. It bothers me more than words can express.

He knew just how to get under my skin; and that was by making me lose. A game. That's what it is to him. All just one big game.

A game I, along with my whole gang, didn't know we walked into it.

And now we can't escape.

He's ahead of all of us.

"Nick," Sebastian looks at me crossing his arms.

I look back at him.

He nods and hums, "You're distracted." He grabs my wrists and squeezes them harshly twisting them in abnormal ways. "You can't be distracted."

I swallow and my hand away quickly. I rub them trying to wipe away the deep red they turned into. "I'm fine. Don't touch me."

He chuckles and hums. His glimmer of amusement in his eyes always pissed me off, but I kept my expression straight.

He glances at me and crosses his arms. I can tell he's flexing. Almost as if something is bothering him. He's definitely wants to say something. His eyes are narrowed as he looks at me. He's definitely going to say something.

He's testing me. He wants me to say something first, but I'm not going too. I'm going to stick my hands in my pocket and keep my face calm. No expression.

He smirks and shakes his head chuckling, "You humor me."

I roll my eyes and turn my body away from him. "What is this, Sebastian? Have you brought me here to just make fun of me?" I hum and look at the rings on my finger, "You don't think I know how much trouble this V is causing everyone?"

He rolls his eyes and hums. He puts his hands in his pockets and his demeanor relaxes, "You wanna hear the deal between you two?"

I turn around quickly, "Deal?"

He smirks at me and I clench my fists. I relax and play with my car keys.

"He wants your girl. He wants to fight you for her. He wins. He gets the girl..."

I glare at him, my eyes adverting from his gaze. My blood is boiling and I can feel my whole body rise in temperature.

"And he gets to claim her."

I whip my head at him and bite his cheek. He shake my head, "No. Absolutely not." I look at him from the corner of my eye.

He's fiddling with his lighter and I can tell he doesn't like what he's saying.

Here's the thing with the Westside and the Eastside. We believe that innocent bystanders shouldn't be involved in gangs. It's too dirty. Dangerous.

You could get killed at any moment, and if we don't have to involve the outside population we do everything we can to stop it from happening.

Southside. They are a different story. They don't care. They like dirty. They like dangerous. Death. Pain.

Everything horrible in this world.

I look up and nod, "And what happens when I win?"

He hums, "You deal with an angry brother and a possible traumatized girl."

❈ ⋯ ❈

U N K N O W N

Nick was scared. Shaken by the words of his ally.

His eyes didn't know where to look. They were everywhere as he drove. His hands gripped the steering wheel tightly. His knuckles a ghostly pale. His palms are sweaty and his finger tips are blood red.

"Claire." He whispers.

Claire?

Was that all he could think about?

Something didn't feel right to him. He jolted the steering wheel and suddenly he was on his way to the man cave.

He glances at the time and switches lanes.

They were headed the same way.

They didn't know it yet, but there world were about to collide...again.

First at school. Than in the car. Than the beach. The party. And now.

But this time things will be different, because this time they realize something.

Nick pulls into the driveway. No one was there. From what he could see.

He walks inside and sighs. He looks around.

In some moments time stops for him. In this moment it seems like forever.

With a heavy heart he sits down.

"Nick?"

His eyes widen and he looks up. She's staring at him. Her big brown eyes her look deeply into his.

Claire Evens, ladies and gentlemen.

They look at each other for a moment. Almost in bewilderment if there own presences.

Claire goes up to him and hugs him tightly. She looks at him and puts her hand on his forehead moving the hair out of his face.

He looks at her and smiles gently, "I'm okay, Claire." Nick grabs her hand and squeezes it gently. She hugs him again laying her head on his chest.

He holds her tightly wrapping his arms around her waist. "Please say something" he whispers.

She shakes her head. He sighs, "I'm sorry, Claire. I never wanted to hurt you. It's just-"

She hums and nods, "Just stop talking."

Nick nods slowly, "Shouldn't we though? Talk?"

She shakes her head, "Just hold me," she whispers. "Please."

❈ ⋯ ❈