O N E ⋆ D R U N K ⋆ N I C K

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 23: One Drunk Nick

❈ ⋯ ❈
To think I'd end up taking care and of the drunk boy who I cheated on my boyfriend with was definitely the last thing I thought would happen.

Nick is currently passed out on my shoulder. His breath laces with the strong smell of liquor.

I sigh and lay my head on his and he moves his face into my neck. I can feel his cheeks move forming a small smile.

I rub his arm and push the hair away from his face and touch his forehead. It burns and I look at him and wipe the light sweat off of his face.

The uber stops at his house and I pay smiling weakly. I wrap my arms around Nick's waist and lean his body against mine.

After I struggle for a good 15 minutes to get him upstairs. I look at him, "Nick, where's your room?"

He giggles and plays with my hair. "Over there," He points to a wooden door and I push his body towards his room.

I open his door and push him down on his bed gently. He grabs my hand smiling, "You look beautiful." He giggles.

I grab his blanket and pull it over him. "You don't mean it. Say it when your sober and mean it." I bite back and adjust his pillow. I take off his shoes and socks.

He hums and grabs my hand again, "Yes, I'm drunk," I look into his eyes and there are somber, "and your beautiful," he continues, "But I'll be sober tomorrow and still think your absolutely stunning"

God.

That completely breaks me.

I kiss his forehead, "Goodnight, Nick." I say softly.

He doesn't let go of my hand, "Please, stay." He whispers.

I sigh and stand there for a moment. I close my eyes and rub my head. I look at him and at the ground. I look back at him, "Okay." I grab his sweatpants and shirt from his floor. I turn to look at him, "cover your eyes."

He smiles gently and brings the covers over his face. I take off my dress and put on his clothes. I fold the dress and lay down on his bed.

Nick rolls over and wraps his arms around me laying his head in my neck. "I'm sorry" He whispers.

I rub his back and run my fingers though his hair, "Okay"

He smiles weakly, "Sleep." He adjusts his position and puts his arm around me. I lay my head on his chest. He rubs my back and pushes my hair out of my face. He covers me with the blanket, "I'll be sure to fight off the bad dreams, love"

I nod and look up at him, "You scare me, Nick." I whisper.

He looks at me, "Why?"

I look away, "The feelings I get around you feel like new keys opening a chest."

He hums, "And why is that scary?"

"Because I have no idea what's locked inside."

❈ ⋯ ❈

My phones going off when I open my eyes. A loud opening ringtone. I grab my phone and turn off my alarm.

I sigh and rub my head. Nick eyes are closed and his arms around completely wrapped around my body. I kiss his chin and bite my lip immediately regretting it. I remove myself from his grasp.

He whispers my name and I look at him. "I'm here," I fiddle with my hands and look down."

He opens his eyes slowly, "Do you have to go?"

I nod, "I think I should, Nick."

He grabs my hand quickly, "Please don't."

I pull my hand away quickly, "Why did you say that, Nick?" I look at him. "It's this what that is to you? A way to get back at my brother?"

He shakes his head, "No, Claire. I-"

My voice raises, "Than what? What is this to you, Nick?!"

"I don't know, Claire! I don't know."

I flinch at his voice and stand up. "Well, until you figure it out, don't expect me to stay." I grab my dress from the counter and walk downstairs.

❈ ⋯ ❈

Hi! ummmm lemme start with I probably won't be posting until after I get back to school which is around January 1st because I would like to catch up on my work and get something's in order before I get back on Wattpad.

Although, I may post just one more chapter before christmas this might be the last one.

Anyway, I really hope you guys enjoy it and you take the time to comment and vote it's really appreciated.

With that note, I might not see you guys until next year. Love you all :)

Happy Holidays 🎄