S T A R G A Z I N G

❈ ⋯ ❈

Chapter 18: Stargazing

❈ ⋯ ❈

I put on some navy blue ripped jeans. My eyes run over them and I put in a white tube top with my addias. My nails are freshly painted and I put in the littlest of mascara.

I fix my hair and let it fall over my shoulder lazily.

I shouldn't be doing this.

I put a necklace around my neck and put some glossy lipstick on.

Why am I doing this?

I walk outside and my room and smile at Nick.

What about Zane?

"I'm ready"

He nods, "Let's do this."

He grabs my hand and squeezes it gently. We walk outside and he opens the door for me.

This is much different than the last time I went into his car.

❈ ⋯ ❈

Sitting across from a gang leader on a Saturday night was definitely not how I thought my day would go.

Nick orders some chicken and rice for me, once I told him I don't eat steak, 15 minutes ago, he can't get over it.

"So, you can chow down on a hamburger, but not steak?"

I cringe, "Steak has a weird texture."

"And beef doesn't?"

I shrug, "Kinda picky when it comes to meat."

He hums and shakes his head smiling in the corner of his lips, "Charming."

I laugh, "I know, right?"

He looks at me, "Alright, Evens. It's time to get a bit personal.''

I laugh and adjust my posture in the seat, "Okay. I'm ready. Time to get deep."

He laughs, "Why is your brother so pissed off at you?"

Oh no.

I swallow. Hard.

I look at him for a moment.

He looks back at me, "Nevermind." His face goes cold. "That gave me my answer"

I look at him and reach for his hand.

He looks back at me and puts his hand in his lap taking a sip of his drink. "What's your family like?"

I smile weakly, "I don't see them much. It's mainly just me and my brother at home, but they are cool."

He mumbles something and nods, "What are you doing after school?"

I smile, "I want to become a photographer for national geographic. Take pictures of the world. See it too. Outside of San Fransico. Or maybe work with my uncle's wife on her drunk driving campaign."

He nods, "Good for you."

I nod and take a bite of my fries, "Yeah, some of my older cousins work there like part-time and they say they love it."

He takes another sip of his drink, "Who are your cousins?"

"Amaya and Jasper. Amaya is the oldest and she an executive at the company. She's also a lawyer. Jasper plays for a college soccer team in California but he works there sometimes.''

"Edward?" He looks at me.

I nod, "Yeah, you know them?"

He shrugs, "Kinda. I watch the soccer games all the time and I see Jasper."

I smile, "He's killer at soccer."

He laughs, "Totally," He stands up and pays, he walks back over and he grabs my hand, "Come on. I got more than just a meal."

I nod and smile and take his hand. We walk back to his car and get in.

Who would've thought Nick Tomas would have planned a date?

Especially for me.