The Damnsel in Distress

I wake up in the morning and groan at how sore my ass is must've been from all the driving I did yesterday. As I ponder this I go to roll over and as I do such I grab something very soft and familiar "Kelsey what the hell did I tell you last night?" Annoyance rises up from within me and I get out of bed completely and go over too my closet to look for a clean pair of jeans and a T-shirt before realizing that I have yet to unpack "I thought it would be alright if I came in later, you know how much I hate sleeping alone" she wraps her arms around my waist and kiss my shoulders. I flinch at this and pull away, the feeling was all to familiar and still made my head fuzzy and warm; I guess even after all this time she still makes me feel more than most women. I go under the bed and pull out my bag and begin rummaging through its contents "Kelsey please don't do that again.... You said you wanted to talk and I'm giving you the chance to do so, but don't take advantage of me;I can easily kick you out." I sigh as I say this, how did it come too this? I use to be obsessed with this girl, she was my longest relationship and best friend back then and now we're... this. She groans and throws herself onto the bed "I'm sorry chase, I miss you okay? How the hell do I make that anymore clear too you, I want to explain what happened and why I didn't show but how do you explain that to someone you hurt so much without sounding fake or like the truth is made up?" Tears form at either side of her eyes and she begins to bury her face in the comforter. I sit down next to her and wait for her to say something, to begin to try too claw her way back into my life, I wait a moment longer before I start rubbing her back gently; her light sobbing formed into an all out ball. She sniffles a couple times before beginning "that night at the movies, I know you where gonna propose, I wasn't stupid, you had referenced to it multiple times in the following months leading up too it. So I had to ask myself a very difficult question and that's if I wanted to to give all of myself too you for the rest of my life and I just...." she throws her hands up in the air in a surrender and break down into an uncontrollable sob. A lump forms in my throat as memories of that night coming flooding back, we had just hit our four year mark of the relationship and I couldn't have been any happier, the night had been going perfectly and everything had been planned and rehearsed; from my brother sitting down next to us at the same movie we where gonna see to him fake tripping over my shoes and "picking up" the engagement ring and casually handing it to her before walking to the back of the theater room. It was perfect and cheesy and I was certain she was gonna love it, or so I thought. "Kelsey what you did too me ruined me, you didn't even say goodbye, I had to find out through your sister that you moved on!!" I yell this last part as the pain and anger surges through me and I begin to pace the room and tug at my hair, Kelsey comes over to me and gently wraps her arms around me and this time I let her, I'm too emotionally exhausted at this point to fight it "I'm sorry chase, I realized I screwed up and that's why when I found out that you'd be back in town I started too look for you, will was the one who gave me your number" I scoffed as she said this. Typical Will to be trying to play the hero all the time trying to fix people; Will Westbrook used too be one of my best friends back in high school, that was up until he slept with my ex Jacie and I found out about it. I look over to the clock too see how much time has past, school starts at 7:30 and I couldn't be late, but as I glance at the clock it reads- "Shit it's 7:00 I'm screwed!" I rush around the apartment and grab all the essentials; a pencil, notebook, bag, keys, and as I was about to walk out the door I realize I'm missing a very essential component, a T-shirt. I slip on a black shirt and rush out the door before yelling back at Kelsey to lock up the house when she leaves and that I needed some time too think. I race too the school and make it with a minute and a half to spare, I sit down and take out what I need, I hope the old school way of taking notes is alright with the professor. As I think too myself I catch a scent that seems familiar, like coconuts and lilacs, come to think of it.... I turn my head to the right and sitting next to me with that beautiful jet black hair is the girl I met the day before. "Hey, uh, I don't know if you remember me but I remember you. My names Chase Taylor, I didn't quite catch your name." I say this to her in a questioning tone careful that I don't come off too needed for the answer "Well at least you didn't bulldoze me like earlier so I guess you deserve a name, the names Hannah, Hannah Zadach." She winks and my heart explodes.