Rough Around the Edges

——I'm sorry this is short, I am currently writing this at work, that's how much I love y'all lmao

I wake up and groan as I roll over onto my side, I lift myself up from the floor and look around to make sure that I hadn't left the apartment. When I turn my head I spot Devons frizzy hair splayed all over the couch making it look as if an explosion had just went off on top of her head. I grab my phone and turn it on, waiting for it to blink to life I eye my Analog clock and try my best to read it "let's see the little hand is on the seven and the long hand is on the... OH SHIT I'M LATE!" I jump up off the ground and Devon screams and falls off the couch with a thud; I run into my room and take the fastest shower humanly possible, while I do this I grab my phone and realize it has only ten percent battery life left. I curse silently to myself before hoping into a pair of black skinny jeans and fastening a belt in record timing "I got coffee out here for your hangover chase, and some eggs and bacon too!" Devon yells this from the kitchen and I silently thank God for letting her convince me to let her move in. I run into the kitchen and wolf down the plate she's fixed me, I grab the freshly unpacked thermos from the cupboard and pour the steaming coffee into it. Devon turns around and looks me up and down before running over to her purse and grabbing a pair of black Ray-Bans and throwing them too me "you look like you got hit by a bus, those will at least make you less pitiful." I laugh at her before grabbing the toast that had just popped from the toaster and taking a bite from it, I give her a quick hug and wave her goodbye as I close the front door behind me and start my trek to the university.

I park my bike and check my watch to see how late I truly am, I groan when I realize that Mr.Dukes lecture had started about 10 minutes ago "I swear if he doesn't kill me he's definitely gonna embarrass me." I think this too myself as I start my walk of shame to his class, as I get closer to his room I can hear his voice echoing through the hallway; hoping to take advantage of this I peer through the door window and notice he has his back turned, I carefully open the door but as I close it it clamps together with a loud clack. I freeze and everyone turns to look at me except for Mr.Dukes "Ah how nice of you too gift us with your presence Mr.Taylor, did you complete the assignment given to you last night??" My heart stops as I realize that I may not have done an assignment, up to this point I had been very meticulous about paying attention to all assignments in this class. I gulp and turn around to face him, when I do I see a hellish smirk appear on his face, I shake my head slowly and he chuckles maniacally "well lucky for you Mr.Taylor there was no assignment, but show up late again and there will be." I nod my head feverishly and hurry to my seat, as I sit down a familiar scent hits my nose and I jerk my head next too me; Kayla is wearing a tight fitting black pencil skirt with a pair of black heels and a white blouse. My heart nearly pops out of his chest and my member instantly stands at attention, I clear my throat and go to speak "Hey Kayla, about last night-" before I finish the sentence Kayla slaps me. The whole class turns around and once again all eyes are on me "Mr. Taylor, I can tell this isn't your day, how about you and Mrs. Jennings do the assignments and class work from home today? Something tells me you two have a lot to talk about." Mr.Dukes eyes us as he says this and I turn my head to see Hannah and Alexis behind me with their jaws on the floor "good luck Mr.Taylor you're gonna need it," Hannah smirk devilishly as Kayla and I grab our belongings and stand up "I'm not done with you Chase, you're coming with me." Kayla looks at me and I can see the fire slowly smoldering in her eyes. I gulp and follow her out the door and towards my demise.