Chapter one: Home Away from Home

Hello everyone! rhis

Hope ya'll enjoy! (;

———————————-

Dipper's POV

Dipper stared out the windows of the bus as it wove slowly around the mountains. mist rolled in and out of the fir slopes. Dipper could feel the soft breathing of Mabel with her head on his lap, sleeping peacefully. Today she was wearing an especially bright pink sweater with yellow stars sewn onto it. Dipper had made sure to wear the buckskin hat that Wendy had given him...it felt like such a long time since they had seen their beloved Gravity Falls. Mabel's pig, Waddles, snuffled around the backseat, probably searching for some left over food scraps.

"are we there yet?" Mabel sleepily whispered, eyes still closed. 

"No," Dipper said, patting her head, "but we will be soon."

in about an hour, they passed a sight that said, "welcome to Gravity Falls!" and in smaller print, "nothing to see here, folks!" Dipper smiled at the irony of it.

the bus stopped in front of the Mystery shack. it looked exactly how it did last summer! Dipper shook Mabel gently. "Wake up! we're here!"

Mabel sprung up, eyes bright with excitement, and rushed out the bus door so fast you never could have guessed she was fast asleep seconds ago. "SOOS!" she screeched, running to hug the familiar figure wearing a faded question mark shirt. "hey doods!"  Soos said, waving to Dipper.

"hi Soos!" Dipper called, smiling. he leapt out of the bus and towards the shack.

"Wendy!" Dipper greeted the orange-haired girl sitting at the counter. "oh, hey, Dipper!" she said, flashing him a cool grin. "oh, by the way, I found this sitting on the front step."

Dipper took from Wendy's hand a piece of white line paper. he unfolded it carefully.

Dipper,

I heard you would be coming home soon. the whole town is really exited! if you find this note, then read it to the end.

my parents have gotten no better than last time. in fact, they've gotten worse. I need your help. meet me tomorrow at my house.

-Pacifica.

Dipper wracked his mind for someone named 'Pacifica,' remembering with a jolt of guilt the blond-haired girl that he had met last summer. had he really forgotten her that much? not that it was a big deal, he forgot things all the time. he went through his memories.

she was a girl who was mistreated by her parents. especially scared of her father. she was rude to Mabel. she was the llama symbol in the Zodiac. she...hugged him once at that party. and payed him not to tell anyone.

he shrugged. not too special. but, if she needed help, he would help her.

____________________________________________________________

Pacifica's POV

Pacifica watched Dipper walk towards Northwest manor and slapped her forehead. after Bill's defeat, they had gone broke and lost the mansion to Fiddleford. they now lived in a small wooden house in the woods. "Dipper!" she whisper-called.Dipper stopped for a second and looked around before noticing her and heading her way

she felt a familiar blush creep onto her cheeks as he waved and smiled.

"Hi... what's you name again? Pacifi-something?

Pacifica felt her heart drop so low it felt like she was about to throw up. after a single year he didn't remember her? had he not noticed she had signed his 'come back next summer' page with a heart? the blush evaporated from her skin.

"Pacifica." she looked away.

"Hey, again." he said, sheepishly. "sorry for forgetting your name. I do remember you, if you were wondering."

great. Dipper can read minds.

"What did you need help with?"

and so Pacifica started explaining...

_______________________________

eep! thanks for reading! means a lot to me! live long and ship on!