Chapter 17

Hey guys! Enjoy your daily dose of Dipcifica! Lots of love!

——

Pacifica's POV

So. Dipper did like me back...or was he just saying that? As we turned to leave, Stacy called out to us...

"Why don't you stay the night? We have enough space for us to squeeze in. My parents could sleep in the front seats, and there are two in the back. Pacifica, you can share with me, so it won't be awkward." She wiggled her eyebrows at Dipper. "Unless-"

"Nope!" I interjected, before she could bring up the idea of me and Dipper sharing.

"Fine," Stacy sighed. "But that soils all the good shipping."

"Again with the shipping thing," Dipper exclaimed. "What is the meaning that of that?"

"Oh, you want to know?" Stacy asked, mischief lurking in her voice.

We ended up sitting at a computer while Stacy searched up shipping on wikipedia.

"Wait

"Wait..." Dipper looked at the definition and gawked. "So you ship me and Pacifica?

"Righto," Stacy grinned. "Ha."

I looked down at my shoes, feeling the familiar blush stain my cheeks. I could tell Dipper was staring at me, I couldn't stand the awkward pressure that filled the room. The only one that seemed totally happy was Stacy, who was ranting about all her ships and screaming as she saw cute fanart.

"Heh," Dipper said at last. "Well, I do like Pacifica as a best friend," he admitted. "I knew she had a crush on me for a while,"

I took in a sharp intake of breath. "You what?" My heart was running at 1000 miles per hour, I could feel my face as red as a tomato.

"It was pretty obvious," he smiled. "And I'm still sorting my own feelings out. But I've always thought you were cute,"

I was speechless. Dipper, the boy I had liked since...well, since the ghost ordeal, had called me cute?

"Excuse me," I stuttered, standing out of my chair. "I'm going to go to the back of the camper. I'm probably going to go to sleep early," the feelings I was having were far from familiar; I couldn't even explain. I sat on the bed and put my hands in my lap. "I'm going to ready dinner!" Stacy called from the hallway, and I could hear the clatter of dishes and pots as she dropped them all over the floor.

The sound of footsteps came down the hallway and I continued to stare at y lap. "Hey Pacifica," came Dipper's considerate voice. I continued to stare downward. He sat down next to me and I turned away. I had a feeling of sadness in me...like I was dissatisfied with his answer.

"Hi," I replied, bluntly.

"Are you okay?" I looked up and he was staring at me.

"Yes. Kind of. Nope." I honestly didn't know.

"Let me tell you something. Just off the top of my head," he took a breath. "When I first came to Gravity Falls, I immediately fell for Wendy. You probably know her, right?"

"I've seen her around," I dismissed, with an airy voice.

"Well, she was a lot older me. At least two years," he laughed drily. "Stupid, Huh? Me thinking I had a chance with someone who was already a teenager."

I didn't want to say it out loud but I agreed, Dipper. That was stupid.

"Well, I kept trying my chances. It sometimes almost worked. But she kind of rejected me at times."

Hmmm. I wonder why.

"Anyways, I kind of learned to accept that it would never happen. Wendy kept trying to tell me to find new girls," he smiled sadly. "I tried but none of them ever seemed to have interest in me."

Um, hello? Pacifica here?

"But, I mean, lately I've been thinking...I kind of forgot over the school year, but I never took you into thought."

I froze.

"I took into consideration that I might have feelings for you," he looked away. "It was hard for me to accept it, though, having a crush on the uh, no offense, snobbiest girl in Gravity Falls."

Seriously, Dipper? The snobbiest? Take a look at my friends.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same," I said, after some time.

"No-"

"It's fine."

"Look, what I'm trying to say is that I...I have a crush on you! Please don't scream."

I was going to before he said that.

"Really?" We looked at each other.

I felt myself leaning forward. I'm going to kiss Dipper pines! This time not to run from the law!

Just as we were about to kiss, Stacy stampeded into the bedroom with three bowls of heat up noodles. When she saw the position we were in she dropped them all, which landed with a slat-squish on the ground.

"OH. MY. GOSH. DIPCIFICA CONFIRMED. MOM!!!!"

She ran down the hallway hysterically, leaving the noodles splattered over the floor.