Chapter 11

Hello for the second time today! Here is your second chapter, out of the three I was supposed to make today. Now, something just came up and I might not be able to publish the third. If I don't, I apologize, and I guarantee it will be out by tomorrow afternoon. For now, enjoy chapter 11!

———

Pacifica's POV

Finally, after hours more walking in the searing heat, the first stars of twilight could be seen appearing in the evening sky.

Dipper paused abruptly in front of me. "We should probably settle down for the night," he reasoned.

"Happy to," I sighed, giving an exhausted smile.

We found a spot we're there was a patch of grass big enough for both of us to have a separate sleeping spot. For dinner, all we ate was some dried fruit and nuts. I went to sleep hungry.

I woke up. The sounds of night surrounded me. I looked up, and the moon was rising big and silver over the mountains. Dipper slept soundly a couple feet away from me. He was facing the opposite direction. Tiptoeing over, I circled around until I was facing him. My curiosity tugged at my chest. What was he hiding under those bangs? Very slowly I reached forward, but retaliated at the last second. No. I scolded myself. But it was tempting...no, Pacifica. Mind your own business! Before I had time to think my arm had reached out and lifted one of his floppy bangs. I cursed myself for doing this, but peeked under there.  I almost recoiled at the sight of the big birthmark drawing it's way across his forehead.

The Big Dipper...i marveled at the accuracy of the lines. So that's how he got the weirdest name on the planet. Hey, my name is a pun. Imagine living like that.

"Pacifica?"

I screeched in fear as Dipper said my name sleepily. "What in the-"

When he noticed what was happening, he jumped up and screamed.

"Why the heck are you up in the middle of the night?!" He yelled.

"I don't know!" I yelled back, fretting. "I wanted to see what was under you hair!"

"You, WHAT?!" he shrieked louder.

"I know, I'm sorry!" I screamed, tugging at my hair.

"Wait, so you know now?" He whispered self-consciously.

"What? Oh, yeah," I sheepishly confessed.

"W-what do you think?" He parted his bangs to once more reveal the mark.

"I actually think it's cool," I answered, knowing this was truthful.

"Really?" He asked. "The kids in Middle School were grossed out."

"Pfft," I said. "They're dumb."

"Heh. Thanks."

I looked down. Me and Dipper were holding hands without noticing. I felt my face heat up and coughed, signaling down.

Dipper's eyes widened and he pulled away, rubbing his arm. "Sorry."

"N-no, it's fine," I reassured.

We both sat down. "Remember the night at the mansion?"

I said, out of the blue. The thought just hit me out of nowhere.

"Yeah," he said. "It was...eventful."

He glanced at me and we both blushed.