Chapter 35

———

Pacifica's POV

There it was. the inked image on my wrist, twisted into an ugly but equally beautiful picture. I slapped my right hand over it, but suddenly, a golden glow started trickling it's way through the cracks of my fingers. I let go in fright, discovering the glowing tattoo. I paused.

Tic.

Tic. Tic.

Tic. Tic Tic Tic Tic Tic

BANG.

the next few scenes were a blur.

Fire.

Pain.

Screams.

A red pulsed at the edges of my eyes. Pain rushed through my body as shards of the broken windshield were launched into my skin.

I wasn't aware of Dipper crying next to me.

The fire enveloping the car.

The silence.

I noticed it was silent. I felt my pain wash away as the world around me was circled in an empty black void. No one. Nothing. Just me and the silence. I waited. The clock in my mind had stopped, now there was just a dull humming.

Suddenly, my ears perked up. I could hear footsteps. They sounded like heavy shoes in an empty, tiled hallway. I sat motionless. Silent. Just silent.

In front of me materialized a human.

Not any human. This particular one was a slim, teenager-like boy, wearing a yellow checkered tuxedo and black pants. His skin was a golden tan, and his hair grew in yellow and black tufts. The one feature that allowed me to pinpoint his identity.

His eyepatch.

On of his eyes was covered by a black, triangular patch. His open eye glowed golden yellow, finished with a black slit.

"Bill. What did you do. What did you do to Dipper?" I shouted at the top of my lungs, advancing toward him.

"I started another Weirdmaggedon. Except this time there's more to destroy!" He gave a maniacal laugh. His eye was stretched wide with menace.

Boy, did I hate that eye.

I stepped closer to Bill. "Tell me what you did to Dipper. If you hurt him-"

Bill snapped his fingers and an image popped up. It showed Dipper laying in the wreckage, blood speckling his cheeks...his cloths red in some spots. My eyes widened. My breath grew short and panicked.

"No no no no!" I stumbled toward the suspended image. "This can't- you can't..." my fingers trembled at the image, and in faded away at my very touch.

"No!" I wrapped my arms around my own body and sank to my knees, tears falling down my cheeks, salty and warm.

"What have you done?"