Chapter 43

Pacifica's POV

The moment we stepped into the shack, the chatter around us died down. All eyes were turned on us. stared back at them defiantly.

Suddenly, a slight voice rose from the back of the crowd. "Dipper? Is that you?"

"Mabel!" Dipper yelled, but couldn't leave my side because he was so close to falling down.

The creatures parted, allowing Mabel to rush out and hug Dipper tightly. "I thought..." she took a moment and let out a sob. "I thought you were gone."

"I'm here now," Dipper hugged Mabel back. "It's okay."

"It's not okay!" Mabel broke the hug and stepped back. "Do you see what's going on out there?"

"Of course we do," I snapped, with a little bit of my old self. "Who wouldn't miss an apocalypse?"

"Pacifica!" Mabel gasped as if just remembering I was here. She ran up and gave me a hug. "I was so worried about you guys. Also..." she stepped back and studied me. "Why are you wearing one of my sweaters?"

"It was one of the only things there, that's all," I shot back.

"Well, it looks great on you!" She chirped, looking like the most cheerful thing I had seen since Bill came back.

"Who are your friends?" Asked another anonymous voice from the crowd.

"These are Stacey and Zack," I pointed, and they waved. "Without them, we would have never gotten here,"

Everyone let out a cheer. Zack blushed and looked away, embarrassed by all the attention. Meanwhile, Stacey basked in the spotlight.

"Are Robbie, Gideon, and Mcgucket here?" Dipper asked.

"We're all present," Gideon waddled out of the throng.

"We still need the Stans," Wendy mumbled, guessing Dipper's and my plan. "You guys are going to form the zodiac, right?"

"Yeah," I shifted my weight so Dipper could lean against me more easily.

"Smart," Robbie yawned.

"How can we get Ford and Stan back?" Gideon asked, dumbfounded.

"I'm guessing they're already on they're way here, because this time there's no barrier and their area must have been hit as well," Dipper theorized.

"We just need a way to talk to them," Mabel slammed her fist down onto the table. "Why does this all have to be so hard?" She looked down at her feet.

"There's no way to reach them.  We just have to be hopeful, though," Wendy sighed.

And so the waiting game began.