Chapter 33

———

Pacifica's POV

I was restless. I was sleepless. No. I wouldn't let myself nod off. I needed to stay strong, for Dipper and for myself.

The horrors I had seen during my coma were far from imaginable, and I knew things. Things I never would have liked to know, secrets kept from mankind for a reason. I don't know if I was scaring the nurses by trying to explain, because I would cry and reach out at them. They needed to know how their lives were in danger. They needed to know he was coming!

I tried as hard as I could but no one would listen. I refused to eat or sleep, because Bill was always there. If i fell asleep, he'd find me. The terrors whirled around in my mind, and soon enough, I gave in. The sleep washed over, me I found myself in a slightly demented, gray universe.

"I knew you would be back!" I heard Bill's shrill from somewhere in the mindscape.

"Come out right now, you monster!" I tried to take a bold step forward but an invisible barrier kept me from freedom, and instead sent a wave of electricity rippling through my body. I let out a cry of pain and doubled over, breathing hard. "Dipper...won't...let you get away with this," I did my best to glare at the small yellow triangle lingering in front of my face.

"You put so much trust into that boy who thinks he knows everything. No wonder." He snaps his fingers and we're suddenly suspended over an image that is glowing in faded colors. It shows an adult version of me, pushing a child in a swing set. As soon as it appeared, the image was flushed away.

"What...what was that? Why did you show me-"

"Quiet, Llama. You'll find out eventually."

"You're planning to destroy the world but tell me 'eventually?' You really are evil, Bill! I hate you!"

Absolutely no emotion showed in Bill's eye but pure evil. He let out a chuckle. "You really are dumb, aren't you? Fine. You want an explanation. Look at this," he shows me another image. This time, this shows me as an older teenager, sitting next to someone that looks vaguely like...oh no. No. No no. I could not see these scenes. These were the future, weren't they? That was Dipper? A human possessing the knowledge of their future was too risky...I couldn't.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Channeling every fiber in my body to that wall, that electric wall. Every piece of my will and soul, focused on that very pinpoint on the wall.

I packed all my strength into a blow which I plowed down on the wall with my full force. I cried out as the electricity coursed through my body, but I kept holding my blow even as I felt myself start to weaken. Suddenly, I felt something...or someone...lighten the load for me. I looked next to me.

There stood a pale-skinned demon, with long red hair that tied back. She wore a sleeveless dress which was orange, red, and dark yellow, and that billowed around her waist. In her red hair was a simple black crown, though what was notable was that a small flame burned above it.

I gawked at her. "Who are you?" I yelled over the sound of the buzzing blue lightning.

"That doesn't matter! Just keep pushing!" I noticed her snakelike orange eyes.

Bill gave a groan. "Heckapoo, always ruining my fun with your stupid dimensional scissor-" before he could finish his sentence, me and the demon-lady burst through the barrier. I fell with a  jarring shake that ratted my teeth.

Bill sighed. "Whatever. We'll do this later." With a snap of his fingers, I was back under the glaring white lights of the hospital room.