Chapter 6: Pacifca's depart

Hello everyone! I just wanted to thank you for reading, it means a lot to me. I know the show has ended but I still love these two! Sorry for the short chapter!

——

Dipper's POV: The next day, 6:00.

Dipper watched as the sun sank below the mountains in a haze of pinks, oranges and yellows. A warm summer breeze blew wind in his face. He sank deeper into the weathered beach chair and sighed contentedly. "Gravity Falls. Good to be back."

          As he lounged on the roof, he head Mabel yell from downstairs, and sprung off the chair, racing as fast as he could to the lower level.

          There, he found Mabel hyperventilating while holding a small note. "I found this stuck to the door," She added.

            Dear Dipper and Mabel,

   I can't thank you enough for all the help you've given me. These past days have been really enjoyable. But in feel bad intruding you're home, so I'm leaving. Don't take this personal. You'll probably never see me again, because I'm running away. Oh, and Dipper? Check under your pillow sometime.

               -Pacifica

Dipper was shocked. "She ran away?"

"Sure looks like it," Mabel sniffed. "And Dipper, you should probably check under your pillow," She put in.

          So he went upstairs and hesitantly slipped his hand under in pillow. There he found a map of Oregon and another small note, with some small dried lavender stems. He unfolded the note in a daze of confusion.

         Dear Dipper,

I decided to write personally to you. I can't be more thankful. Your machine-thingy really helped me. And please don't get upset over this. Look at your map. It shows the route I'm planning to take. I can't stay in Gravity Falls. Better just let them think I died along with my parents. And...please don't tell Mabel. I don't want her to go on some crazy mission to get me back. I'll always remember you and your family.

                   Love,

                       Pacifica.

      Dipper stared at the letter for what seemed like an eternity. He actually couldn't believe this was happening. He then, gingery took the map and unfolded it. Inside was a map of Oregon, showing the trail Pacifica would take into the western mountains, then spilling of the map onto another state. Dipper loosened his grip as he noticed himself forcefully pinching the sides of the map. He didn't know what to do. He looked back at the note, noticing suddenly how this note was different than the one that had been directed to him and Mabel. Pacifica had signed this one with, 'Love, Pacifica.' He wondered if she had done that intentionally or on accident or just out of pure politeness, but he somehow got a feeling this note directed a different idea, more of grateful confession than a parting note like the one downstairs. He took the lavender, map, and letter and put them all in his backpack.

          He had work to do.

Pacifica's POV

        Mud clotted to Pacifica's boots as she marched along the trail leading out of Gravity Falls. She really hadn't thought this out, had she? Absolutely no provisions, no shelter, no water or any particular destination.