Chapter 21

———

Pacifica's POV

When the plane had finished lurching around in the air, and finally reached cruising altitude, that was when I opened my eyes. Dipper's eyes were still firmly snapped shut, so I just sat there, my hand still on his. Soon, getting bored, I opened the little porthole window and peered out. All I could see were mountains covered in deciduous trees and sprinkled with powdery snow. The other people in the small cabin were on their electronics, or simply sleeping.

I sat there and looked out the window for almost thirty minutes before Dipper woke up. How he slept through all that turbulence, I will never know.

'Finally," I greeted him.

"Hey," he yawned. "Ugh, why did I fall asleep?" He rubbed his forehead and straightened out.

While we were sitting right next to each other, I began observing things. For example, if me and Dipper both sat down with our backs straight, he had to be at least four inches taller that me. We were only thirteen, and I was surprised that he had probably already hit his growth spurt.

"I'm bored," I complained.

"Try to take a nap," he mumbled.

"I don't like naps. Get up and do something interesting, Dipper." I knew I was being demanding but I really was bored.

"Like what?"

"Ummmm...wanna play truth or dare?"

Dipper made a mumbly noise. "Mabel plays this at her sleepovers. I..."

"Okay, we're playing," I didn't wait for him to finish. "You go first."

"Pacifica, truth or dare?" Dipper said.

"Truth."

"Okay, truth...how many times have you actually been on a plane?"

I swallowed. Okay...maybe not that many times. Sometimes I would skip a vacation because I was so afraid of flying...fine, I skipped most of them.

"Uh...since I was a baby, I've been on a plane four times, including this one,"

Dipper grinned. "I thought so."

"Okay, Fine, Mr.know-it-all," I countered, feeling the resentment build inside me. Truth or dare?"

"Dare," he replied, proudly. "I'm not a chicken, unlike somebody."

I froze. "Did you just call me...chicken?" (Can you guess the reference?)

"Uh, yeah," Dipper started to look slightly worried.

"I'll teach you to shove you words up your butt!"

I swung my arm around and gave him a left hook in the side. He doubled over, clutching his stomach.

"Owwwww..." he took in a sharp breath of pain. "Okay, I got it. Touchy word."

"Okay, Dipper Pines," I hissed. "I dare you to scream, 'I have a crush on the girl sitting next to me' as loud as you can."

Dipper's face went visibly red and he shook his head. "No way."

"You have to," Pacifica snickered.

"Fine..." he took in a big breath and yelled: "I have a crush on the girl sitting next to me!"

The whole cabin stared and snickered. Dipper held his head in his hands. "Why..." he lamented.

"Hashtag, voice cracks." I taunted him.

"Oh my goodness. Why did I do that?" Dipper's face was as red as a tomato.

We continued this childish game until the plane made a rough landing in California.