Chapter 36

———

Pacifica's POV

The new voice came from behind, where I recognized the pale skinned demon lady, Heckapoo or whatever her weird name was. I was still sobbing on the floor, Bill watching me intently with a look of pure evil written across his face.

I turned around, and regarded her from feet to head. She seemed bigger and more threatening. Wearing a battle outfit, her hair was pinned back in a headdress of black feathers that burned with fire at the ends. Her eyes were layered over in thick mascara. Thick orange and yellow horns pushed their way out of her straight red hair. In her right hand she gripped a pair of scissors.

"Bill, what have you done?" She repeated, her eyes narrowed and voice dripping with distaste.

"You should already know this." He clenched and unclenched his fists, and two flaming fire swirls enveloped his palms, twinning in and out. He seemed to pull back, and then shot forward, aiming the spells straight at the demon.

They shot through the air, swooping in intricate tendrils. The fire flared outward suddenly, molding itself into something that resembled chains. The chains suddenly accelerated and clamped around Heckapoo's neck, causing her to choke and struggle to breath.

A sudden anger filled me from head to toe.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? LET HER GO!" in my haze of anger I charged toward Bill selflessly. Even though I knew this was stupid, I would most likely die,something propelled me forward, more than just anger, but grief and pain, hopelessness and torment, and then, all at once I threw a punch aimed straight at Bill's gut.

"This is for Dipper!" My yell echoed through the void and I could hear it amplify in the background. The punch landed on human skin and Bill stumbled back, his eye glowing in anger.

"How dare you, Llama. Dumb move on your part." He did a spin kick that looked like a literal glowing knife, smashing me on the cheek and launching me through the air. I landed painfully against some sort of invisible wall and groaned in agony. In noticed the chained Heckapoo smiling forcefully down at me.

"You...tried. Take these." She dropped her scissors.

"What-"

"Just try. They're-" she choked as the chains tightened. "magic."

"What about you?" I cried out at her and reached out my hand. "You can come with me."

"It's...okay." She smiled weakly down at me. "Save the universe. And...hrrrrrk." She choked, her face becoming red. "Tell Mewni...what...happened...please."

Casting one last glance at Heckapoo, I snapped the scissors open and closed twice. In front of me opened a portal and I climbed. The last thing I saw before I dropped into the apocalypse were Heckapoo and Bill, one of them seething with rage and the other...

Giving me weak thumbs up.

———

I woke up laying on shredded leather. The fires that burned around me were small, but the smell of burning gasoline was unmistakable and strong.

I glanced down at my arms and legs. The wounds were gone. Wait... Dipper! I crawled over the broken glass and twisted metal to the still body that lay a couple feet away from me. Took him in my arms and examined him. He looked...exactly like Bill showed me.

Slowly I pulled him closer to me and hugged him, tears flowing down my cheeks like waterfalls.

"D-dipper. Please don't die. I need you. I love you." I cried onto his stained t-shirt. "P-please.

No answer.

"Come on. I know it takes more than an apocalypse to kill someone like you. Stay strong for me. Dipper!"

I shook him, sobbing, screamed, all at once. This couldn't be happening.

"COME ON! PLEASE, DIPPER! I don't know what to do without you." I put my fingers on his neck to feel his pulse. For a second, there was nothing, but I felt a little flutter under my fingers.

"You're still there," I whispered in relief, crying even harder.

"Dipper, you helped me. I'm a better person because of you. You made me love you in the weirdest ways, and I never expected it would be you who I saw through new eyes. And we've made it all this way, please wake up. We have more adventures ahead of us, please don't end it here."

I wanted him to wake up desperately. And my prayers were answered.

Dipper's fingers shivered, but he weakly reached up and took my hand.

"Thank you-" he broke into a fit of weak, strained coughing, specks of blood spotting the leather.

"Dipper, you're alive." I couldn't help but hug him even tighter, my relief spilling out in waves.

"Barely. I need to get to a d-docter..." he groaned and his eyes fluttered.

"You need to hold on. Bill's back. Look at the sky." I propped Dipper's head on my lap so he could see the swirling red sky, the X-shaped rip shimmering with weirdness. Not far away from us we could see he burning building and smoking cars. No people were in sight, presumably captured or turned to stone.

"I need to s-stop him...get hold of Gravity Falls..." Dipper whispered.

I looked up. "We can't. But no matter what, I'm here for you and we've got each other's backs. We'll find a way."

Dipper smiled up at me. "I'm sure we will."