Mini chapter

———

Dipper's POV

I watched in a terrified way as a wave of pain spread across Pacifica's face. Her eyes snapped open, looked at me in fear, and then she fainted.

"Pacifica!" I rushed to her side and laid her head on my lap, checking the pulse. She was alive, with a normal heart rate and breath.

So what had made her faint?

I was confused and worried, so I dialed my mom to pick us up. She was there in forty seconds, in hysterics, and lifted Pacifica into the front seat very quickly.

"What happened?" She questioned me loudly. "Explain it to me again!"

I felt the annoyance fill up inside me, though most of my anger was channeled through worry for my friend. "I don't know, okay? It just happened. I don't know." I suddenly felt very weak and small with the anger gone from my voice, and I deflated.

My mom sighed. "Well, we'll get her to the emergency room. Make sure she doesn't have any damage from falling."

I looked over the driver's seat to where Pacifica lay on the chair. She had curled up into a ball with her eyes squeezed shut, and her lips were moving in some sort of rhythm...a chant? I peeked over until I was looking right at the unconscious Northwest, and then I noticed something.

On her right wrist, there was an inked picture. It had never been there before, and I started to get even more worried. I squinted.

No.

It couldn't be.

It was impossible...

Or was it?

I was struck with fear so powerful I almost passed out.

'I'm coming for you, Pine tree.'

———

There had ever been one being in the entire universe that had ever called me that.

Only one being that had a form so familiar.

A single being who I had ever hated, despised, and loathed this much.

I wanted to scream. I wanted to scream until everything, everybody, and every single object on this planet had been washed away and carried off on a celestial wave.

It was Bill. He was back. And I was going to pay.