Chapter 16

__________

Dipper's POV

We browsed the small isles for a bit. Pacifica kept forcing me to grab sweet candies, like gummy worms or.  Chocolate, claiming that her parents limited her due to 'maintenance of body shape,'

Once we had all the items we required, I told Pacifica to walk to the back of the store and check for an exit. I lingered in the isle until she returned, a grin spread wide across her face. "I found it."

She took my hand and dragged me behind her, leading me to a glass door that led out into a small, grassy clearing.

"Do you have the supplies?" Pacifica asked.

"Yup."

"Good. Look," she pointed at a camper, parked in the clearing which must be designated to travelers in RV'S or campers. Out of the vehicle stepped a young girl, accompanied by two adults, who must have been her parents.

"It's a girl and her parents on a camping trip. I don't understand the hype," I puzzled over why Pacifica was acting so excited.

"Don't you see?" She whispered. "We could get a ride!"

"Oh, please," I scoffed. "As if some strangers would-"

Pacifica was already out the door and rushing to meet the family.

I followed her, making sure the man at the cashier didn't notice me leaving. Pacifica was already talking to the girl, who looked friendly and kind, and the two were laughing and exchanging jokes like old buddies.

"Oh, hi!" She said, when she noticed me. "You must be Dipper Pines...Pacifica was telling me about you."

"Er, yeah," I greeted. "I am."

"Anyways, my name is Stacy.(first name thatcame to mind) I actually came here with my parents. We were going to a camping spot not far from here, but we got lost and have no GPS."

Pacifica looked at me sternly and made a 'hand it over' motion.

It took me a little to understand she was implying the map. I bent down to unzip my backpack and took out the crumpled paper, handing it gently over to Stacy. "Here you go. Maybe this will help,"

Stacy's eyes brightened. She smiled. "Thanks so much! What can we do to repay you guys?"

We ended up sitting in a couch while a small camper whizzed up the mountainside. "We really appreciate the help, Stacy," Pacifica replied, sipping her orange juice.

"No problem. We aren't lost anymore, thanks to you and Dipper." She smiled. "You know, I get the feeling I know you guys...from a book or a show or something..."

me and Pacifica shared a confused glance.

"Oh, nevermind," she sighed. "Anyways, how did you get away with shoplifting?" She winked at me.

"W-what? You know about that?"

"Of course," Stacy grinned. "Don't worry. I won't tell."

"Oh. Promise not to tell anyone what you just heard?" Pacifica stuttered, blushing. I screwed my eyes shut, knowing exactly what she was going to tell our new acquaintance.

The Northwest leaned over and whispered into her ear. When she was done, Stacy threw a mischievous look at me. "Interesting," she teased. "Though I will admit, you two look adorable together."

I blushed so hard I had to look away. Wait...what? I'm not supposed to be embarrassed! I don't have feelings for Pacifica, right? Right?

When I looked back she was grinning, with a light blush plastered all over her cheeks. "He is pretty cute," Pacifica admitted, and I felt like jumping out the window.

"Ha! I knew it," Stacy exclaimed, leaning back in the comfy cushions. "What about you, sir Dippingsauce? How do you feel about your maybe-or-not crush?"

"I...uh..." I met Pacifica's eyes and smiled. "I...also like her back."

I could have sworn Stacy looked like she was about to explode with excitement. Pacifica looked dumbstruck.

"SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-"

"Language, Stacy! Came her mother's voice from the front seat.

"I was going to say SHIP! Mom!"

There was silence.

We reached the campsite and said our goodbyes to Stacy and her family, preparing for the next long day of our journey.

____________

I hope you guys enjoyed. As for the character Stacy, she was just a little tribute I thought I would add in dedication to you.

so everyone, just remember,

Live

Long

And

Ship

On!