Chapter 19

I'm so sorry about the no update yesterday! I promise, I made this chapter good. Hope you enjoy! Paz has got a case of the Dips.

———

Pacifica's POV

I could tell Dipper was worried about me. To be honest, I'm worried about myself. Ever since the night we admitted our feelings for each other, I've had this weird feeling in my stomach; one of nervousness, and something else.

So I've been trying to keep as much space in between me and Dipper as possible. I wish I could tell him, because he looked a little upset. So, ignoring the fluttery feeling in my tummy, I walked a little faster the catch up with him.

"Hey Dip," I started, using the nickname.

"Oh, hi Pacifica," his eyes lit up a bit. The fluttery feeling became stronger.

"Eh...hey. So...what are your plans when we reach the airport in a mile or so?"

He smiled at me and I blushed. "We're old enough to fly alone, so Stacy's family let us under their passports and claimed themselves as our legal guardians. We're going to use these tickets to get a flight to California."

"W-wow," I stuttered. I have no idea why I've suddenly become so jumpy...it's as it I don't even know myself anymore. Suddenly, I remembered something...

When I was little, about eight or so, the boys started crushing on me. Yep. They did anything they could to be with the 'pretty rich girl.' So I was constantly getting swarmed by snotty guys that wanted to have a fake wedding with me or whatever. (They did that kind of stuff at my school)

So I told my parents and they got me a bunch of books on crush stuff and whatnot. Honestly, they didn't even bother to talk to me about it themselves. So I spent fourth and fifth grade with the advice from those books, and somehow it helped. But, there were some sections of the book I had skipped, thinking it was unneeded...like 'how to tell if you have feelings for someone,' or 'how to admit your feelings for someone,'

So little Pacifica entered sixth grade, happy and ready for her new life. Those years were turbulent, with multiple crushes and rough breakups, and that was the point where I decided to open up the feelings chapter of the book.

I don't remember the exact words, but I do know what it meant: 'If you're in love with someone, you'll know it. You'll get butterflies, find yourself blushing, and laughing at the stupidest things. You'll act like a dork, to sum it up.

So that was the moment, walking along the old dirt trail among the evergreens, when Pacifica came to the conclusion:

She was in love with Dipper Pines.

/////***le time skip***/////

The airport was small, only two short runways and a building. The control tower stood farther back on the unnatural gray concrete that looked so out of place in the middle of the forest. Pacifica looked at the bush planes that looked to be tediously standing on tiny wheels...she really hoped that they didn't put these together with duct tape.

Dipper motioned for her to follow him; they circled around to the front of the building and walked in, revealing a small reception desk and shambly waiting chairs. A few people were sitting there, mostly businessmen.

"Hi, how may I help you?" Came the desk-lady's honey-sweet voice. Pacifica tried not to be rude but she couldn't stand that voice. Ugh.

"Yeah, hi, my name is Dipper Pines and she's my sister, Pacifica Pines."

I froze. Oop. Here come the butterflies again.

Did he just say Pacifica pines?

That does have a ring to it, I found myself thinking.

"No, Pacifica, what are you doing?" I whisper-yelled.

After Dipper got the tickets checked we sat down awkwardly on the flimsy seats.

"So...Pacifica Pines, eh?" Dipper laughed. I felt the familiar tingling on my cheeks.

"Yeah. That was...um...interesting," I laughed nervously. "Why did they do that?"

"I think it was Stacy's idea," Dipper smiled. "Another one of her shipping antics."

"Wait...So She meant for us to be..."

" yup,"

I felt so hot I could have sworn a sweat dripped off my cheek.

"Anyways," Dipper sighed. "You know her. Just one of her crazy ideas. Can you imagine a Pines marrying a Northwest?"

A little part of my mind said "yes, I can." I mentally cursed that part of my brain.

"Oh, yeah, that would be like, so weird," I gushed. "My parents would never let me, even if I wanted to-"

Realizing the big mistake I had let slip, I covered my words up with: "I don't think my parents would dream of that ever happening."

Dipper was looking at me weird when the intercom crackled to life.

"Flight 1739? To San Francisco, California?"

"That's us," Dipper said, getting his bag and walking toward the terminal.

Somehow, maybe an impulse, maybe just the stress, but something made me take Dipper's hand in mine.

He looked up, surprised, and blushed.