Chapter 31

———

Dipper's POV

I was in my room for the whole day. I couldn't use my phone to contact anyone because the horrifying static had consumed every electronic in the house. I could hear the laptop buzzing in the hallway, and I lay on my bed, terrified and confused. There was no doubt Bill was back. But how?

The static continued until I heard my mom arrive home, and immediately the buzzing stopped, my phone cleared, and I got internet back.

"Hey honey!" Came my mom's yell. "I'm home!"

"Coming!" I pushed myself off the bed and cautiously stepped through the door.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I realized my mother wore a wide grin on her face. "We got good news from the hospital. Pacifica just woke up and she can come home tomorrow." She winked at me. "The very first thing she asked was where you were." She wiggles her eyebrows. "Eh?"

"Oh come on, mom," I gave her arm a playful shove, though I was hiding a huge blush. "You know it's not like that,"

"If you say so!" She turned to the stove."what would you like for dinner?"

"I'm not hungry right now. Whatever we have is fine," I realized how ignorant I sounded and then added, "of course, anything you cook is always delicious." I gave a sheepish grin.

"Awww, thank you, sweety!" My mom laughed. "I'll call you when it's done."

I ran up the stairs and got ahold of my phone. I searched for the contact I needed.

"Wendy Corduroy, Wendy Corduroy..." I finally found it and pressed dial.

I waited for about five seconds and sighed in defeat. Just as I was about to press cancel, the call was answered. I put it on speaker.

(W is Wendy, D is Dipper)

(W) "Uh, hello, who is this?"

(D) "It's Dipper!" I half yelled at the phone.

(W)"Oh, hey Dip Dop. What's up?"

(D) "I wanted to ask..."