Chapter 12

———

Dipper's POV

Well. Last night was weird...with the birthmark and holding hands and whatnot. I couldn't' help but think my prediction in the journal was true...was there a vibe going on? It felt like it.

Anyways, today, we started heading closer to the mountains and noticed a significant slope in then ground as we gained altitude. As our third day without a proper meal, both of us were hungry. Pacifica must be catching a cold or something, she keeps coughing and sneezing.

"Do you want to stop here?" I ask her, pointing at a boulder. Pacifica looked really out of breath, and tired, but she shook her head. "No. I'm fine."

"Okay then," I Replied, presuming to walk. As we walked farther, we could also notice the lack of dirt and more stones as we neared the slopes of the hills. I took a granola bar out of the backpack and split it. Pacifica ate it hungrily.

Another hour of silent trekking, and she gave a cough from behind. "Hey, what's that?" She asked, pointing at a brown shape on the horizon. "I don't know," I answered, slitting my eyes against the glare of the sun.

P is Pacifica, D is Dipper:

D: "It looks like...a cabin or something."

P: "Well, we should be hasty. Who knows, maybe there are burglars or something in there."

D: "And what do we have worth robbing?"

P: "Uh...they might have heard that we were missing from Gravity Falls. They'd turn us in!"*sneeze* .

D: "Or they could be nice people who offer us food."

P:"The food could be poisoned! *cough cough*

D: "that's unlikely!"

P: "what are you, a fortune teller?"

This sort of conversation went on between me and Pacifica for about thirty minutes before I finally won her over and we decided to investigate.

As we neared the cabin, Pacifica noted that it looked run down. There were shingles that were hanging off the roof and the broken glass windows were shuttered off with wood planks.

"This looks shifty," Pacifica whispered.

"As shifty as that room with the animal heads?"

This shut her mouth.

When we climbed up to the door, we noticed it was slightly ajar, (open) and wasn't locked. I opened in, to be greeted with a flood of dust that sent Pacifica into a coughing fit.

As I stepped in, She hesitated. "Um..."

"Here," I took her hand. "Does this make you feel better?"

The blush on her face was so obvious I looked away.

"Er...yeah!"

Together, we stepped inside.