Two-Bit?

A/N: REALLY SHORT CHAPTER

Suggestions? Comments?

"Has anyone seen my shoes?"

"Again Soda? Again, really?" Darry sighed, flustered, serving breakfast on the table, watching his brother wander through the living room in search of his shoes.

"Sorry," Soda murmured lowly a roll of his eyes.

Steve snorted with a smirk and sat down, getting his food. Ponyboy yawned as he too sat down, eyes droopy.

Darry set out the chocolate cake. "Hey, where's Two-Bit?"

Steve reached for cake. "Prolly havin' a beer somewhere," He snorted, eating the cake sloppily.

Pony yawned, looking at Darry tiredly. "He's not wrong," He slurred tiredly.

Darry shook his head a little and set the frying pan he was using in the sink. "Alright. Let's just hope he has an effort to show up at school sometime today."

"Still dunno how that moron can enjoy that place," Steve sneered. "He never learns anything anyways." He ate hungrily.

Pony sent him a glare. "And like you've learned anything yourself? Certainly how to not use a fork." He huffed, eyeing the chocolate on Steve's face.

Steve's eyes went narrow and he scowled at the fourteen year-old.

"Steve, you'll walk with Pony and then pick up Johnny on the way to school then since Two's not here?" Darry asked, sitting down, wanting his brother and Johnny to be safe.

"Yeah, yeah, if I don't drop off horseboy in the gutter first." Steve growled lowly.

Darry eyed him sternly but didn't say anything. "Soda! Jus' come sit down little buddy!"

"I still can't find 'em though!" Soda yelled back, shaking his head as he started walking in, smelling the eggs and bacon.

"Jus' sit and eat, why don't ya?" Darry nodded, starting on his bacon.

Soda nodded, taking his food. "Two-Bit not here?" He looked around as he sat down.

"Nope. Lucky him." Steve growled at Ponyboy.

"Hey, that's enough, Steve," Darry warned, sending him a look. "Y'all better hurry up and eat or you'll be late."

Soda got his jelly and started spreading it on his eggs with a grin when the phone rang.

"I'll get it," Darry stood and went over to the phone, picking it up. "Hello, Darry Curtis."

The rest of the gang ate and murmured to one another while Darry listened.

"Uh no, he's not here......oh. Well, i'm sure he's alright......don't worry, we'll let ya know if we see him. Okay, bye." Darry hung up, going back to the kitchen, sitting down.

"That was Mrs.Mathews; she said Two-Bit didn't come home last night. She seemed pretty worried."

"So? There's been lots of times when Two-Bit didn't go home," Steve huffed, shrugging. "Like I said, he's prolly at Buck's, man."

Darry nodded slowly. "Well, you guys tell me if he comes to school today. I told her we'd let her know if we saw him." He ate his eggs, glancing around.

Pony swallowed his food. "I'm sure it's nothin, Dar; Two-Bit never gets hurt."

"Yeah, Darry, Two-Bit knows what he's doin'." Soda chirped with a grin, eggs around his lips.

"Alright, alright. Well, we'll see tonight. Y'all hurry up and eat now. Then go to school and tell me if Two-Bit's there today."

"Okay Darry, Okay....."

If only they knew.......