Another Close Call

Luckily, the Greasers hadn't came back in search of Two-Bit, until the next day, early afternoonish, pounding on the door, making everyone jump.

Two-Bit squeaked, knowing it was the gang again and he gulped, afraid. "Bob," He whimpered, getting up, stepping back.

"It's okay, go with Randy, upstairs, now; hurry!" Bob got to his feet, gently pushing Two-Bit towards the stairs.

Two-Bit held back his whimpers and hurried upstairs with Randy, opening the bedroom door himself, his wrists no longer tied behind him, Bob having trusted Two-Bit enough by now what with his obedient behavior.

Two-Bit wasn't in his right mind to try and escape anyways, too mentally brainwashed.

Two-Bit hurried inside and went to the closet, waiting for Randy, getting inside and closing the door shut, breathing heavily, hoping they wouldn't be found.

They wouldn't find them up there anyways, right?

Bob waited a moment from downstairs, flinching when the pounding came again and there was yelling, the door practically being kicked down.

Bob scowled and opened the door, snarling when he saw the Greasers again. "You again?! Get outta here!"

Dally gave Bob a harsh shove and marched in, immediately glaring around, Steve and Soda following.

Bob snarled and looked at Darrel. "Look, your friend ain't here, I already told ya!" He growled angrily, not liking them barging in like this.

"We just wanted to double check," Darry growled back into Bob's face, looking around.

Upstairs, Two-Bit shook, able to hear the voices from downstairs, but not able to hear what was being said and he gulped. Beside him, Randy shifted and muttered under his breath, hating this.

Two-Bit swallowed and tried to keep calm, hoping they wouldn't come up looking for him.

Steve checked the hallway with a scowl, peering in at the kitchen.

Soda stood in front of the dog bed with his arms crossed, his eyes narrowed into slits. "Still don't see a dog. He still out back?" He looked at Bob, eyeing him.

Bob huffed with a sneer, glaring around at the Greasers. "Yeah, yeah, he uh, loves it out there."

Soda's eyes flickered and his jaw was clenched tightly as he turned and marched into the kitchen, looking for the back door, whipping it open and marching out.

His narrowed eyes scanned the entire backyard, a dark feeling building up in his stomach and crawling up his chest.

"That little sh**," He growled and marched back inside, slamming the door hard. "Search the whole house!" He practically ordered.

Steve nodded and darted down the hallway, starting to throw open doors, checking rooms.

Dallas whipped open the closet door in the living room and finding it empty, scowled and hurried upstairs while Soda stayed near the kitchen, seeing the door to the basement, whipping it open, looking down there.

"Hey! Hey!" Bob shouted in aggravation. "You Greasers got cotton in your ears?! Get the f*** outta here!"

David and the others were on their feet now, raising their fists, readying to fight.

Darry grabbed Bob's shirt with a fist. "I want ya to tell me right now, is Two-Bit here?" He glared with icy, blue eyes, looking like he could kill Bob right there. "And don't you lie."

Bob gulped a little and cowered some, shaking his head no. "He ain't here. Now get out...!"

Dally ran upstairs and threw open the first door he saw which was the bathroom and seeing nothing, slammed the door shut with a cuss.

From the bedroom, Two-Bit flinched, hearing Dally was close and Randy muttered "Sh**," under his breath.

Downstairs, Bob was arguing with Darry and soon a fist fight began, the others joining in beating up Pony and Johnny while Bob and Darry duked it out.

Soda and Steve, both having found nothing and were coming back, saw the fight, jumping in with a shout, starting to fight with the others, knocking Socs down.

Dallas checked the next room and the next room and swore as he opened the last door upstairs, coming in.

Two-Bit went rigid and watched through the door as Dallas came in, gulping, not wanting to be taken away.

Dally glared around and saw the closet, his eyes flickering, immediately marching over.

Two-Bit shrunk back and Randy's hands grabbed at him, getting ready for a fight.

Dally grabbed the handles to the closet and just before he could open the doors, there was the sound of glass shattering followed by a loud shout from downstairs.

"Ponyboy!" Someone screamed.

Dallas tensed and looked back with a small gasp, letting go of the handles and he darted out and hurried back downstairs.

Two-Bit and Randy both let out deep breaths in relief and Two-Bit's heart was racing with fear.

Dallas ran down to hear shouting and yelling and saw Darry holding Ponyboy close in his arms. There was glass all over the floor and Ponyboy's head was bleeding and he was crying.

Dally watched as Darry shouted at Bob and David, backing out of the house.

"Go to h*** ya Soc b*******, All of ya! Come on y'all, we have to go!"

Soda who normally woulda been right at Pony's side, swallowed, gesturing an arm back to the house. "But Darry!"

"Now Soda, come on!" Darry shouted, fretting over Ponyboy, already running to the truck.

Johnny ran out and Dally followed, Steve grabbing Soda's arm, pulling him out. "Come on, Soda,"

Soda gave one last glare to the four Socs and eyed Bob with narrowed eyes, knowing he'd get it for smashing a vase over his little brother's head. Soda scowled and ran out with Steve, hurrying to his brothers.

Bob kicked the door shut when they had left, swearing loudly. "God! Sh**! That was way too f****** close!" He kicked the wall.

Randy and Two-Bit had slowly came out and came down the stairs with wide eyes.

"Ar-are they gone?" Two-Bit peeped, shaking with fear.

Bob's eyes went to Two-Bit and he snarled. "Two-Bit, get over here!" He ordered.

Two-Bit flinched and came over to Bob with big eyes, tense.

Bob snatched Two-Bit by his collar with a growl and dragged him over to the dog bed roughly, throwing him down with a sneer.

Two-Bit flinched and watched with big eyes, not moving as Bob growled out swear words, muttering something about "filthy, no good Greasers," clipping on Two's chain to his collar.

Bob snorted and marched into the kitchen, pissed, going right to the fridge for a beer.

Two-Bit swallowed and stayed where he was, glancing at the front door in fear, hoping those Greasers wouldn't ever come back again, hoping he'd never get stolen away ever again.

He hoped he'd never have to be their prisoner.