Chapter 1

Bella's POV

3 hours. It's been 3 hours since I escaped. Escaped from the monster that tortured me for most of my life. Now, I'm running. Running to god knows where. I have been planning this escape for a long time now, and now that I escaped, I don't know what else to do.

After a few more hours of running, I stumbled upon a train station. I immediately bought a ticket that I think would bring me farthest away from here which is a train to god knows where. As I was boarding the train, my thoughts kept running. What the hell is my next move? I thought about it until I fell asleep.

When I woke up, the train was coming to a halt, meaning I have already arrived. I got out of the train and checked the time at the wall clock, considering I have no cellphone.

6am. Great! I decided to look for jobs immediately so I could survive. I just hope someone hires a 17 year old around here.

A few hours had passed and still no luck. I walked along the streets of London with nothing. Just the clothes I am wearing and about $4000 which I know won't be enough for me to survive this place. I passed a café that had a 'help wanted' sign on the window and saw this as an opportunity. I hope they accept me here, I thought as I went in.

"Hello dear, what can I get you today?" the lady behind the counter asked then smiled at me.

"Oh no, I'm not here to buy. I'm here for the 'help wanted' sign that was posted on your window." I said politely but she returned it with a sad smile.

"How old are you dear?" she asked.

"I'm 17." I answered.

"I am sorry dear but we don't hire minors." She said.

"Oh. Uhm... It's okay. I understand. Thank you so much for your time." I said. I was about to leave but then she stopped me.

"Wait dear." She said and I turned around to face her. "Why don't you take a seat there and I'll see what I can do." She said smiling at me sweetly. I nodded my head and sat on the booth that she was referring to. After a few minutes, she sat across from me.

"Tell me, what's your name?" She asked.

"My name is Isabella Hawthorne."

"Alright Isabella, tell me a little bit about yourself."

"Well, as you know, I am a minor but I can assure you that I work hard and I am good with interacting with people when I need to. I grew up in a small town in the US and I am an only child." I said.

"Hmm... alright then. Congratulations, you're hired. I just need your parent's signature here and you can start working on Monday." She said handing me a paper.

"Uhm. That won't be necessary."

"Why is that?"

"My umm... parents... died in... an accident." I told her. I didn't mean to lie but hey, what was I supposed to tell her? That my father beat my mother to death and is now probably after me to do the same?

"I am really sorry to hear that. Have you got any guardians at home with you?" she asked.

"Well, to be honest, I don't have a guardian. Nor a home. I actually just arrived here 6 hours ago and since I am on my own now, I needed to look for a job for me to at least be stable." I tell her honestly.

"Oh, my! Well, I would really want to help you, dear, let me just talk to my husband regarding your... case." She said

"Thank you. By the way, I didn't catch your name."

"Lisa. You can call me Lisa." She said and went to, what I think is, the back room.

Lisa's POV