Chapter 27

Bella's POV

Caleb introduced us to a scary looking guy who, by the way, was shirtless. He doesn't look like Nikolai at all. He also looked like he was whipped and beaten up badly from the scars and bruises on his torso.

"Alpha Jackson, Nice to meet you." Grayson said as they both shake hands. I knew he was still in his Alpha mode so I didn't bother him.

"Alpha Grayson." He greeted back then his eyes went to me. "This must be your mate, Isabella."

"Just Bella." I said. I'm not really fond of people calling me Isabella.

"My apologies, Bella. I also want to apologize for my brother. I heard what he did to you." He said staring at me. I became uncomfortable and Grayson must have sensed it so he shielded me from Jackson's view.

"Alpha Jackson, I assume you are the one who will be the new Alpha of this pack?"

"Yes. I will be. My sincere apologies for being shirtless as I was being healed when you came."

"Healed?" I asked him in shock. How heartless could Nikolai be?

"Oh yes. Nikolai hated me as I went against him in everything he did. He chained me up in our cells and tortured me. Damn. I sure wish I was the one that killed him. You are one lucky bastard." Jackson said to Grayson as he patted his back.

"In that case, I will ship his heart and head to you if that will make you satisfied." Grayson offered with a small smile and my eyes widened.

"You kept his head?!" I asked him, kind of screaming.

"That would be wonderful. I'm sorry to cut this short but I really have to go back to the pack hospital to check on some pack members that were just freed out of their cells." He said, now running off as he said goodbye.

"We better get going. We still need to make announcements about our training schedule. Caleb, I hope you would inform Jackson on what we discussed in the meeting."

"I will Alpha. But I don't know if we are joining. Maybe we'll sit this one out just until the pack is back to normal."

"Alright. Give us a call about your decision soon." Grayson said then we all left.

-Back at Blood Moon-

It's nice to get out of the car after that long drive and stretch my arms. Grayson made his way towards me and intertwined our hands together as we entered the pack house.

"Bella!" I heard someone say. I turned around and saw it was Candice, Theo's mate. Grayson said he will go ahead to his office to prepare for the announcement.

"How did the meeting go?" She asked.

"It was alright. I got attacked by an alpha but Gray killed him." I shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Alpha Grayson killed him?!" She asked, shocked.

"Yeah. Pulled his heart out while it was still beating." I said.

She stood there with his mouth hanging open. "How the hell are you so calm about this? Your mate just killed an Alpha by pulling out his heart!"

"Honestly, I don't know. I just feel like... I don't know." I said honestly. I didn't know what to feel but I'm not scared nor was I happy.

"Oh, well I can tell you guys are busy, so I'll go ahead." She said and walked away.

I made my way to Grayson's office and entered the room. He is sitting on his desk with Luke and Nate in front of him.