Chapter 31

Bella's POV

-2 months later, 2 days before the war-

To say we were all busy was an understatement. Let me fill you in on what the hell happened for the past 2 months.

A month and a half ago, I finished the new orphanage. While the building was under construction, I had let the orphans stay in the pack house for a while. Now, Candice and a few other friends are helping Sarah. I made sure that the orphanage came with a secret cellar that only the ones working knew about. I don't know how, but word got out about the new orphanage so a few Alphas and their pack members congratulated me. Some pack members from other packs even adopted a few children.

After a month, a few Alphas came by again. They discussed the plan with Grayson and I and we distributed the 'Anti Wolfs-Bane Liquid'. Grayson had this idea to have everyone in the pack, including newborn pups, injected with the liquid for safety.

Now, Grayson is helping Brody with making more copies of the liquid, Luke and Nate are training the warriors, Zeke and Noah are out patrolling the border with others. I'm currently past the border with a few trackers, spreading bear traps, barb wires, and spikes, all coated with wolfs bane.

The Alphas know about this so they would easily dodge it, either way they won't be harmed even if they get caught in one since they have the anti-wolfs bane in their system.

A few hours later and were done. These past 2 months has taken a toll on Grayson. He gets so cranky every day because he wants us to have some time alone but then we both get tired from training, speaking with Alphas, planning, and me with the orphanage. We only see each other at night when we go to bed. The next morning, it's either I get up early or he gets up earlier than me. We don't even see each other when we eat.

I walked through the front door of the pack house, exhausted for running around the border to plant all the shit I have to. I walked in our bedroom and stripped so I could take a shower. While I was soaping it up, I heard the bedroom door open, perks of being a werewolf.

Then the bathroom door opened. I moved the shower curtain and saw Grayson, stripping.

"What are you doing?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm joining your shower. We could save water." He said as he stepped inside the shower.

"Just so you know, I'm not in the mood." I said plainly, making him chuckle.

"That's sad, cause' I am." He said. I then felt him kissing my neck from behind, his hands started to roam all over my body.

I can't deny it felt good but I have to be focused on this war. We can't afford to lose.

"Gray, stop." I whined but he adhered to my wishes.

I felt bad immediately because he just wanted to make me relax but I promised him we would do this AFTER the huge war.

"I'm sorry Gray. I promise I'll make it up to you." I said hugging him. Mind you, we're still in the shower.

"It's okay. I understand." He said with a sweet tone and a small smile.

After our shower, we went back to doing our errands. I'm still checking up on the orphanage to make sure it is safe for when the war will happen, and Grayson with training the others.

We needed to finish everything today so tomorrow everyone could take a rest. I was walking towards the orphanage when Alpha Griffin from the Dark Forest Pack, one of Grayson's best friend, and his wife approached me.

"Luna Bella. Glad, I caught you." Luna Chloe said.

"What can I help you with?" I smiled at them both.

"We would like to ask if it would be okay for my pack to visit here after the war. Not all just a few." Alpha Griffin asked.

"Sure but... what for?" I asked them.

"Well, a few of my pack members wanted to adopt pups from your orphanage." Luna Chloe said as she gave a huge smile.

"Of course. Just give me a heads up when exactly so I could tell my border patrols." I said. They both agreed and bid their goodbyes so they could continue training their warriors.

The next day, everyone was calmly preparing. The alphas are now staying with us and I don't know how the hell we fit all of them inside the pack house but we did. Those who didn't want to rest up are helping Brody to make as many potions as he can since we're injecting everyone with it.

Gray and I still couldn't take a break because I had to help out Brody and he had to make sure that his prison cells are secure. He thinks that if an enemy had made their way to our prison cells, he would release all of them which gives an advantage since everyone down there hates this pack.

There are a few others who are cooking up a huge meal for everyone and since all alphas are here, it would take them a long time to make something that many. Right now, I'm checking the perimeter in case those bastards planted something like bombs.

It took me all night to make sure it's safe. I went back to the pack house and looked for Grayson, but he wasn't there.

"Have you seen Grayson?" I asked Sean.

"He went to the prison cells. There was a... problem with a few prisoners and he had to take care of them." He said hesitating at first.

"Okay. Thanks." I said to him and followed Grayson to the prison cells.

"Is your Alpha down there?" I asked the guards that are guarding the entrance.

"Yes Luna. Down the stairs and to your right." He said as he opened the door.

I entered the smelly prison but was greeted with loud screams of agony. It was everywhere. I followed the sound until it led me to Grayson. The scene in front of me was enough for me to shit my pants but my wolf keeps on telling me that it was normal and it was bound to happen anyways.

There was my mate, slowly killing his prisoners. His guards, Luke and Nate with him, killing the other prisoners. Grayson sniffed the air and his eyes trailed to where I was standing.

"Shit!" I heard him murmur.

He gave one last punch to the prisoner and stalked towards me.

"Take care of the rest!" He ordered his men. He grabbed my arm and tried to quickly get me out of there.

We stood in front of the pack house when I told him to stop.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." He said.

"Why are you killing them?" I asked, obviously stressed out with the situation.

"It's for the safety of the pack. I did what I had to." He said as he walked away from me.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"To go take a bath. I'm planning the day for the two of us and I don't want to smell like vomit and blood." He said. I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head as I went inside the pack house, trailing behind him.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. Everyone had rested up. We ate dinner together with the guards and warriors. The other warriors were sent home by their Alphas to guard their packs. We now have only the Alphas, Betas, and about three to five of their warriors joining us.

That's when we heard it. The howl of our patrol. Everyone hurried to the front of the pack house. Grayson and his family were beside me. I felt Grayson hold my hand and squeeze it tight.

"Promise you'll stay near me where I can see you." Grayson whispered and I nodded.

I don't understand. The message said that we still have 1 day to prepare. Then it all made sense to me. This is a surprise attack. They knew we had a day to rest as our warriors are exhausted. The more exhausted the warriors, the more vulnerable they can be. Grayson then looked at me as if knowing what I was thinking. We mind-linked everyone to take the shots and give the shots to the younger pups as well.

There were rustling in the forest. Then there he was. Blake. I knew all hell would break loose but not this soon.

A/N: Im so so sorry for not updating in a long time bc of college stuff. I have no classes til next week so i'll be working on this