Chapter 5

Bella's POV

As soon as I saw Ethan's 'backup' I knew that this isn't going to end well.

"Give her to us and you get to live." Ethan said once more.

"No can do. Master wants her. We are only following orders and we intend to follow them for the rest of our lives."  The man snarled then shifted back to his wolf.

"Alright. You asked for it." Ethan shrugged and suddenly, all hell broke loose.

"Dark Creek! You are fighting to capture not to kill, no harm comes to the girl. Protect her at all cost!" Ethan ordered as he goes after the wolf he was previously talking to.

I didn't know what to do, I can't run. It's as if I was frozen to the ground that was when I was suddenly knocked down by a wolf, and from the looks of it, this wasn't one of Ethan's backup. This wolf had disgusting matte fur. I can tell it's a rogue. It tried to bite my neck but a 'pack member' snapped its neck first before it got to me.

More rogues came out of the forest, Ethan's pack was outnumbered. I quickly got up and ran, away from the scene I was in. I knew there was a rogue following after me and since wolves were faster, I haven't got a chance. It bit a chunk of my leg and tried to drag me into the forest. Of course, I screamed in agony. Blood was gushing. Then a huge black wolf appeared in front of us.

It tackled the rogue and snapped its neck after that, it shifted into a naked... Adam?

"I'm sorry if you're uncomfortable seeing me like this but it's the only way to talk to you. I'm going to shift back and I need you to get on my back. I have to get you out of here." He said and I nodded, ignoring the pain in my leg.

He shifted back and I got on his back. I put my arms around its neck as he sprinted through the woods. The way back to their place was quite long but we arrived before the sun went down. I was starting to get lightheaded. There were guards all over the place.

"Beta." They bowed as they approached us. Then they looked at me. It was as if they were talking in their minds as they nodded at each other.

"Bella. The beta said for you to get off, we will escort you to the pack house and get you fixed up, come on." One of the men said.

I tried getting off but I was too weak. The blood was still gushing out. And for the third time today, I fell unconscious.

Third Person's POV

As Bella fell unconscious, Adam had mind linked the guards to get her quickly into the Pack hospital. Ethan had linked Adam that the fight was over and all they are doing now is capturing the rogues. He told Adam to prepare the cells as it would be packed and that his brother is on his way there to help.

As Adam shifted, Ethan's brother, Grayson, had arrived with a few of his own warriors.

"What happened?" Grayson asked Ethan's Beta.

"Ethan was protecting a girl. The rogues have targeted her all of a sudden."

"Is she his mate?"

"No. She is human." Grayson was flabbergasted.

"A human? Why would he save a human and why the hell would the rogues target her." Grayson questioned the beta as he walked towards the pack hospital and Grayson following him.

"We don't know yet. But all werewolves do have an uncontrollable need to protect her. Also she heals faster than us but I guess her wounds now are worse because she fainted of blood loss and she didn't heal when we were on our way back here."