Chapter 2

Bella's POV

I woke up to the smell of what I think is bacon and eggs. I lazily got up and got ready for the day. Once I was dressed, I went into the kitchen and saw Adam, wearing a suit, sitting at the dining area with plenty of food on the table.

"Oh hey! You're awake!" He said as he shoved a piece of bacon into his mouth.

I sat on the chair across from him as he filled up my plate with different breakfast foods. He put 2 pieces of pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausages. Then he spoke.

"Would you like some coffee?" He asked.

"No thank you. I don't drink coffee in the morning." I smiled at him and he nodded.

"Hey, listen, I need to go somewhere so I won't be here maybe until the afternoon. If you need help with something or need to go somewhere, just call the receptionist downstairs and let them know your name. A driver will be ready when you need someone to drive you." He said, finishing off his breakfast.

"Okay. I might go out today and roam around the town but I won't be needing any help." I smiled as I ate my breakfast.

"Alright then, I've left my phone number over the counter in case there is some emergency." He smiled then his phone rang. "I'm sorry, I gotta go. Call me if you need anything." He said as he rushed out of the door.

Well, I guess I'm on my own here. After I ate, I washed the dishes, and then cleaned out my room and fixed it. I saved Adam and Lisa's number on my phone and then got ready to go out and explore the town. I might also look for jobs since I have free hours from 9 am to 3 pm.

I took a shower and then picked an outfit. I wore a white long sleeve top, black jeans, and black combat boots.

It was amazing how I found a store that was on sale and had all these amazing outfits

It was amazing how I found a store that was on sale and had all these amazing outfits. I spent only like $1500 for the clothes I bought and that includes shoes and bags. Then another $30 for the groceries and of course I also bought a new iPhone. I know I'm kind of spoiling myself but hey, I am a girl after all and I can't say no to shopping.

After a few minutes of getting ready, I was ready to leave so I got my bag that had my wallet and my phone and then left the penthouse.

I went around the block to see if there were other businesses that were hiring but, no luck. So I decided to just spend a few hours at a park nearby. I checked the time and saw it was already 4 pm. As I was seated on the bench, I twirled my necklace. I have worn this ever since I was a baby I think and I have never ever taken it off. Although I don't remember where I got this from, I still kept it with me. Then a guy sat beside me and just looked at me.

"Uhm... may I help you?" I asked him. He looked at me and puffed the smoke of the cigarette he was smoking, onto my face.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust and moved farther away from him but he just kept coming closer to me. I was about to walk away from him when he grabbed my arm.