Chapter 17

Bella's POV

Loren held up the dress and I stood there, speechless. The dress looks majestic. It was red, probably the color of blood. Amazing. I suddenly felt ashamed. I feel like I'm not worthy to even wear the goddamn dress. I feel so conscious about my body right now.

 I feel so conscious about my body right now

"I don't think I'm going to wear that." I tell the girls honestly.

"Why not?" Candice asks with a frown on her face.

"I just... don't want to." I say looking down.

I don't even feel like a Luna but my wolf does. That's the difference. I've been such a weak human for 17 years of my life and the 'Moon Goddess' ends up pairing me with a strong wolf. How does that not sound like a hoax? It's been a week and a half since I escaped my fa-- Blake.

A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts. "Bella?" I heard Grayson on the other side.

"Uhm. Yeah?" I answered. He opened the door and gave the girls knowing looks before the girls went out, giving us some privacy.

"Why don't you want to wear the dress?" He said softly as he walked towards me.

"How did you know?" I was confused. I'm not yet the official Luna of this pack so he can't read my thoughts. The girls haven't been officially accepted as well so it's impossible that the girls had mind linked him.

"I heard you. I was just outside the door waiting for you to finish getting ready now, tell me what's wrong?" He said, kind of in a plea tone which surprised me. As far as I know from the books I've read, Alpha's do not beg nor plea. They are powerful and will hurt people to get what they want instead of sweet talking them.

But that's not Grayson and his family's case. They are all so sweet.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I just feel like... I'm not worthy of wearing this. Of anything at all. I'm not even worthy of being a Luna." I whimpered.

"That's not true. The moon goddess has made you my mate and Luna for a reason. You're a strong person...well...werewolf." He smiled.

"Don't think of that anymore. Your wolf is strong and so are you." He continued and smiled at the end.

We just stared at each other's eyes. Until I leaned in and made the first move of kissing him. My lips connected with his. We were in the middle of a possible make out sesh when a knock on the door disrupted what we were doing.

I heard Grayson growl in annoyance and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"What?!" He screamed as he opened the door, only to see that his mother was behind it.

"Excuse me! Did you just yell at me?" Lisa asked with a threatening tone and her hands crossed on her chest.

Grayson's eyes widened in surprise and gave her a sweet smile.