Chapter 35

Bella's POV

"Oh, my sweet Bella. I have waited for you to return here ever since we lost you." My mother said. I hugged her tight and let my tears fall.

So this is what it's like to have a family.

"Are you hungry? I can ask someone to make your food. You must be starving. Are you feeling alright?" She asked frantically but my dad stopped him.

"Oh, Cass. She just got here. Let her rest. It's 10 pm." My dad said to her and she nodded.

"Alex, show your sister to her room, will you?" Mom said.

"Yeah okay. Come on Bella." He said gesturing for me to follow him.

We went up a floor and down the hall to the right. We stopped in front of the door.

"So... here's your room." He said scratching the back of his neck as he opened the room.

The moment he opened the room, my jaw dropped. It was beautiful. It's the same size as the one in Blood Moon and it has the same theme as Grayson's room which made me remember him.

"Are you alright? You look sad. Is it the room? I could ask someone to renovate it to your style if you'd like." He said.

"It's not that. It's just... I remembered someone." I answered. I wiped away my almost falling tears then hugged my brother.

"Thank you for this. I really love the room." I said. It's true, this room is amazing.

"Great! I should leave you to rest. If you need me, I'll be in the room across from yours. Mom and Dad's room is at the far end of the hall. Or you could ring that bell to call one of our maids." He said. I nodded but then I saw something at the corner of my eye.

Presents. A lot of them.

"Alex?"

"Yeah?" He said turning around to face me once more.

"Whose are those?" I asked him pointing to the countless number of presents near the walk-in closet.

"It's yours."

"Mine?"

"Yeah. We didn't stop giving you gifts even when you're not with us. Those are your birthday and Christmas presents for 17 years so... some of them are like really... childish presents." He said chuckling.

"Could I open them?"

"Of course." He said. Then his phone rang. "I'm sorry, I have to take this call. You know where to find me if you need me." He said then he shut my door close.

I opened the gifts one by one until I finished. I tried to sleep but I couldn't. So I went out of my room and explored this huge palace at 2 in the morning.

I first headed down to the kitchen and made myself some meal since I got really hungry. Then I wandered around as I was eating a piece of the pie. I ended up in a library. It was huge! The library had over a million books but one stood out.

It was in the middle of the entire room, on a bookstand. I went near it and touched the cover. I don't know what's inside but I'm guessing it is important if it's not with the other books on the shelf.

Am I allowed to read it? I'm not so sure.

"Go ahead." I heard someone say from the door. I turned around to see Alex munching on an apple.

"Mom and Dad should really give you bodyguards. I almost freaked out when I found out you weren't in your room." He said as he stood beside me.

"But you didn't."

"But I didn't. I had a feeling you were wandering around the palace. Besides, if you were kidnapped, our palace guards would have already made noises outside." He said.

My mind then again wandered to the book.

"You can read it, you know. You're the princess." He smiled then took a huge bite out of his apple.

I took the book and sat on a sofa nearby.

"I just came to check on you, I should probably go to bed. I've got work tomorrow." He said.

"Work?" I asked him. He is a prince. What kind of work does he do?

"Yes. I'm the next heir if you haven't noticed." He said then laughed. "So dad is teaching me how to do things."

"Do I also have work?" I asked him.

"Not really since I'm the one next in line for the throne unless I back out of it. But you'll probably be taught Luna stuff in case you find your mate." Mate. He doesn't know. Neither does anyone here, that I already found my mate, and yet I lost him too.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

He looked at me as if wanting to ask questions then his expression turned to sadness.

"You found him... didn't you?" he asked taking a seat next to me. I didn't answer. How could I? I, myself, didn't want to believe that Grayson is dead. How could I tell that to other people?

"It's okay. I'm here if you need someone to talk to." He said trying to comfort me.

"He..." I could finish my sentence as I burst into tears. Alex brought me into his arms and gave me a big hug.

A few seconds later, Mom and Dad burst into the room.

"What happened?" They asked.

"Sorry, I had to link them. I don't know how to handle all this girl crying stuff." Alex said as he scratched the back of his head.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" Mom asked. There and then I shook my head and broke down.

They say the loss of a mate is a cruel experience. You are forced to remember them as they are your other half.

"There, there. You can tell us." Mom said and I did. From the day I arrived at Grayson's territory to what happened just a while ago.

-Next Day-

I woke up to the sunshine that's on my freakin' face.

"Bella? Wake up."

"Go away!" I mumbled then shoved my face into my pillow.

"I'm coming in." I heard him say but chose to ignore it.

My door opened and the person sat on me.

"GO. AWAY." I said.

"Come on. I need your help." Alex said as he kept on poking me.

"Ugh! Fine! Let me get ready first." I said. He thanked me then told me to meet him in the library since we needed to talk privately.

I stood up and headed to the bathroom to get ready for the day. After I showered and brushed my teeth, I went inside my closet and got dressed. Apparently, being a princess means being uncomfortable with the clothes I wear. Everything was dresses and gowns. I'll probably have to ask for different clothes so I could get comfy.

I didn't have a choice but to wear a purple gown with matching heels. I was on my way out when someone knocked on my door. I opened the door and one of the soldiers was standing there.

"Princess Bella? Prince Alex has requested your presence in the library." He said.

"Yeah yeah. I'm on my way down." I said.

I went down to the library and saw Alex pacing back and forth with his hand on his forehead as if he has a huge problem.

"What's up?" I asked him.

He gave me a worried look as he closed his eyes and breathed deeply.

"I found my mate." He said