Chapter 29

Bella's POV

-1 Month Later-

It's been a month and both Grayson and I were busy forming plans with other Alphas. The pack training is going good so far, they've become stronger and much more coordinated. Brody made the 'anti wolfs bane' liquid last for about 6 hours. Grayson said that was alright so now, Brody is making duplicates since we are to scatter and deliver them to packs.

We also received information about where the war will take place, apparently, it's in our territory. Since we have the biggest territory in the world.

I was drawing plans when I felt something hot around my abdomen. Like I was burning. I screamed in agony. I didn't know what the hell was happening. A few more bloody screams later, Grayson entered the room.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry! I forgot!" He said as he ran to my direction and carried me to our room. Grayson suddenly stopped. In front of us were a few of his warriors, eyes black in lust.

"STAND DOWN, MEN! THIS IS YOUR LUNA!" Grayson yelled in his Alpha tone. I can see they were trying to fight their own wolves.

"What is happening?!" I yelled as another wave of painful burning sensation hit me like I was being dunked in a volcano's lava.

As we quickly entered our bedroom, Grayson threw me on the bed, harshly may I add, as he was panicking. He locked the door and ran to the bathroom to... run a bath?

"WHAT THE FUCK! I'M IN PAIN AND YOU'RE TAKING A BATH?!" I yelled at him then clutched my abdomen.

He ignored me, mumbling a few colorful words under his breath. Then picked me up and laid me in the bath tub that was filled with cold, freezing water. The pain subdued a little and became bearable.

"I'm sorry. I forgot today was a Blood Moon." He said, I looked at him in confusion.

"You're in heat. Luna's of this pack have their heat every Blood Moon. That's where the name came from, in honor of the Luna. You'll keep being on your heat every Blood Moon, unless we finish the mating process." He explained as my eyes almost bulged out of my head.

Finishing the mating process mean, we would have to have sex. Which I think I'm not ready for.

"But..." I said trailing off. Would he leave me if I told him I wasn't ready to finish the mating process? Would he find a new mate and Luna?

"I'm not going to leave you nor find a new mate and Luna. I love you, and only you." He said as he read my mind. Stupid mate bond. "I don't care if we have to wait 100 more years for you to be ready to finish the mating process, I'll wait as long as it takes." He made my heart swell. I am really lucky to have him in my life.

"Come on. After you finish your bath, I'll go get you ice cream while you binge watch anything you want until the Blood Moon ends. Which, by the way, will be 3 more days." He smiled. I groaned, both in pain and annoyance.

"So, 3 more days of feeling like I'm in hell?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded.

"Don't worry, I'll be here all the time." He said kissing my forehead.

After my bath, pain started to make its way through me once more. Grayson carried me to our bed where there's ice cream on the bedside table and his Netflix is already set up on his TV.

"I love you." I said, hugging him once he set me down on our bed. He looked at me with so much happiness.

"You do?" He asked and I nodded eagerly.

For the rest of the day, we just cuddled and binge watched movies. I put my mind barriers up so he couldn't be able to peek at my thoughts.

I know I told myself earlier that I wasn't ready to complete the mating process but then there's this doubt in me. I don't think I'll be able to keep on going through this again. We are going to finish the mating process soon anyways, why prolong it?