Chapter 16

Bella's POV

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Grayson yelled as he stood up. I had prepared for him to scold me the minute I ran towards the cells.

"You could've gotten yourself killed! I told you to stay put!" He said, throwing his arms up in frustration as he paced back and forth.

"I'm sorry." I said softly. He stopped pacing and glanced at me. His eyes softened and almost immediately, he hugged me.

"Please don't do that again! You scared me!" He whispered as he buried his head on the crook of my neck.

"Okay. I won't. I promise." I said. Then my freaking brain started to remember something.

"Wait! What about Theo's mate? Are they safe? Did they make it back here? What if--"

"Hey, hey calm down!" Grayson interrupted with a chuckle.

"They're fine. Theo is really thankful for what you did and so are the others okay?" He said and I nodded.

"When can I go home?" I asked Grayson.

"I'm not sure. Let me ask Alistair." Just as he was about to leave, the door busted open, revealing Luke and Nate.

They both ran towards me and gave me a tight hug.

"Oomph!" I exclaimed. I heard Grayson growl at both of them and they quickly let go.

"I would appreciate it if you two don't kill my mate." Luke and Nate just chuckled.

"I'm going to find Alistair. I'll be back in a few." Grayson said then left the room.

"So, are you alright?" Luke asked with concern in his eyes.

"Yes. A bit tired but I can manage." I smiled.

"Well, from what I heard, you were a total bad ass in that battle field. Taking on 5 full grown rogues at once." Nate said.

"Good news! I just signed your release papers and you are free to go home!" Grayson exclaimed as he entered my room with Ethan behind him.

"What are you doing here?" I gestured to Ethan. I always had the feeling that he doesn't really like me and he just tolerates me because I'm his brother's mate.

"Couldn't I check on my sister-in-law?" He chuckled which made me confused.

"Could you guys please give me a minute? I just need to talk to Ethan." I told them and they nodded. As they were leaving, I heard Grayson count down.

"59...58...57..." I chuckled at him and shook my head. Only he could take that statement literally.

"What's up?" Ethan said as if everything was normal around us and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Why are you really here? I thought you hated me?" I asked him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, to be honest, I did. It was really getting to me that Rogues had targeted you for no apparent reason when you were human. Then it was all the pack member's urges to protect you which frustrated me more. But then you turned out to be my brother's mate and Luna which kind of answers my questions about you." He shrugged and smiled at me.

"Look, I really am sorry for the way I acted towards you at the start. It's just that I thought you were a threat to my family and pack. And I really want to make it up to you." I couldn't see anything in his expression but truthfulness.

"It's okay Ethan. I understand and plus you don't have to make it up to me, you know." I said. It was a warm feeling that Ethan and I have no problems whatsoever.