Chapter 45

You open your eyes, wincing at the pain brought to your body from your stiff neck. You experienced worse in this building already yet this mere soreness bothers you, you chuckle to yourself at the irony but immediately drop the sarcastic smile on your face as you see the people who are in your room. After being so long in the dark, only occasionally having light dimly shine on certain things such as your torturer or the weapons he uses on you pretty much every day, you eyes have grown more adapted to the lack of brightness so they harden as they recognize the 7 men who are standing all around you.

One of them, you notice the curiosity in his eyes as he watches you and you meet his gaze with your own fiery one. Your attention shifts when one of the figures gets up from the wall he has been leaning on by his shoulder and walks closer to you, reaching over to the chain and turning on the light bulb above your head.

This time you do not flinch and remain motionless as you stare intensely at the man now in front of you. He leans in closer to met your face and you stay, not like you can go anywhere else anyway, "I'm assuming you know who I am?", he asks in a monotone voice. You exhale sharply through your nose, "Of course, you are the bastard who I have been looking for all this time, Son Hyun-woo, better known as Shownu".

He leans back and observes your features that are contorted into emotions of hatred and anger, "I know Monsta X has done plenty of fucked up missions in the past but you are quite interesting to me, which is why I would like to know why exactly you resent my gang and I so much".

Kihyun, who has also been watching the exchange between his leader and Y/N closely, perks his ears in attentiveness as he has also been very curious as to what exactly they have done to her family and, unbeknownst to himself, moves closer to hear the conversation better. Your eyes narrow and you give a hollow laugh, "That's true, how could you remember. Well allow me to refresh your memory", you draw a breath and momentarily pause as the feelings you felt so strongly that day came back to you.

~

You  had a fairly easy mission that day, it was simply establishing fear into a newbie gang that was located near headquarters. The boys were all fairly young and there was 13 of them in total. Despite the inexperience assumed with being a gang freshly shoved to the streets, they were well coordinated and the leader, instead of meeting you with retaliation, asked for an alliance with Black Lupin. You were skeptic of their intentions at first but one look into their eyes and you knew they would probably get eaten up out there if you didn't accept.

So you decided to up the offer, making it better for them by taking them under the company as trainees. You organized for builders to remodel the building into a dorm-like establishment but with a sustainable defense system to keep it standing.They were extremely grateful and you acknowledged it with a small smile before driving to the private house your parents lived in, which you would occasionally visit.

You have been greatly anticipating what was to come as it was a special day for you and you were happy to spend it with your mother and father. With nothing to do except wait, you settled on making dinner for everyone to pass the time. You had on a full toothy grin now because while you were making the food, you received a text message from your mother while the paternal latter was driving that they were on the way there. 

Mom:

I know that I am going to say it again when we get there but Happy Birthday my beautiful Y/N! Your finally 21 and already making us proud from the decisions you have been making on behalf of Black Lupin, don't think we didn't notice that. I'm sure Jinwoo would of been happy for you as well, you are such a big girl now. Now let me stop here before my mascara starts running, haha, be ready to answer the door when we get there and as I always say to you every day, We love you!!