Chapter 49

So turns out the bastard Kim Shi-Dae was behind the whole thing. He was the one who ordered Monsta X to take care of Y/N's parent's that dreadful day and left his son with no idea who exactly these people were other than the leader's of their enemy company. This awakened a new type of vengeance within Y/N as she realized the true evil behind her family's downfall and was ready to unleash it upon the culprit with her whole being.

Even though the real perpetrator was found, Shownu still felt he needed to compensate for his wrongdoings toward's his half-sister and decided on forming a plan to help her escape. His stubbornness to ignore Y/N's continuous attempts to reject his help only showed their relation to each other after the plan was made.

Unfortunately, part of the plan was to continue on as if nothing was happening. That meant that Y/N had to go back to her normal routine of long rounds of agonizing torture from the one and only Mad Clown.

Onto the Next Day

Y/N lets out a frustrated scream in her head as she hears the teasing voice of Dongrim calling out to her, "Yoohoo! Wakey wakey, Y/N. I have a surprise for ya". A bright smile is plastered to his face as he makes his way in front of her. Y/N's brows furrow slightly as she is confused and curious as to know what the "surprise" is.

Her blood begins to boil as a familiar male voice sounds from behind her, "Remember me, Y/N?", he asks in a mocking voice and she can hear the smirk in his voice. He slowly walks from behind her to the front, standing next to Dongrim. He folds his arms, arrogantly tilting his head up to look down at you with a grin, "Hmm?", he taunts.

'Jackass Jooyoung', like the name I came up with? Describes you perfectly", she spits out and silently pulls at her restraints, wanting to get at him. "You know, this rascal was the one who lured Arianna here in the first place", Mad Clown eagerly looked at her face to see her reaction.

She wasn't surprised, yet Y/N still felt the need to bash his face in for hurting her close friend and putting a deep scowl on her face, giving the insane one what he expected and he let out a crazed laugh, clapping his hands together in excitement, "Hahaha! Wonderful!", his companion rolling his eyes at the sudden outburst.

Before anything else could commence, a sharp and loud ringing sound filled everyone's ears. Y/N could hear Jooyoung mutter a curse under his breath and looked to Mad Clown, the two of them exchanging looks before looking, dumbfounded, at you. They looked at each other once more then, after a silent agreement, began to move towards the door.

Mad Clown's deranged giggles spilling from his mouth as the warehouse alarm system seemed to amplify his madness and he skipped his last steps out the door, winking to Y/N before disappearing.

Shaking her head at the strange man, she let her head droop as she focused on drowning out the insistent sound pounding at her eardrums. While she was focusing on that, she didn't seem to notice the 2 shadows sneaking into her room behind her. As soon as she felt tugging at the material wrapped around her wrists, her defensive tactics kicked in and she threw her head back to meet it with the intruder behind.

She heard the male groan, his companion gasping in shock. They stumble around your chair to face you with an indignant glare, managing to whine, "Really?!", through the pain. Her expression changed to a guilty one and she exclaims, "Oh shit! I am so sorry, Jooheon!", adding, "I guess it's too late to tell you I don't like it when people sneak up on me?", with a sheepish smile. (A/N: Another victim to suffer from Y/N's sudden reflexes *shakes head* what a shame...)

"Uh...yeah!", he says. She hears an exclamation as Minhyuk runs past her over to Jooheon, "Oooo! Damn Y/N, you sure can hit hard, looks like Jooheon-hyung is already swelling up!", he laughs, Y/N soon joining in while the poor man is left to frown at them. Anyway, the rest of the members arrive as well, Hyungwon ends up untying her.

Second Person POV

The brothers kept your hands behind your back, giving the impression that you were handcuffed, some flanking you and some covering you from behind to make it harder to tell if you really were restrained. The alarms were echoing throughout the long corridors of the warehouse, red lights flashing to emphasize the current distress going on as people were running in different directions towards nearby exits. A man with a deep voice and muscular figure stops you all as you made your way down the hallway, almost to freedom, asking, "Hey! What are you doing with her? I was sure she was supposed to remain here under tight security, under no circumstances".

Shownu shoves you forward as you both get closer to him, quickly apologizing under his breath and answering in an expressionless voice, "My father changed plans and she is being moved to another location with stricter and better kept surveillance. If you don't believe me ask him yourself, if you dare", he challenges darkly.

You chuckle at the fear that fills the guard's widened eyes, noticing the beads of sweat that being to form above his brows. He replies with a gulp and a tremble in his voice, "N-no, I'll, uh, take your word for it, Sir", he bows his head now in respect for the leader and takes his leave.

"Sheesh, is Kim Shi-dae really that scary?", you ask in disbelief as you watch the man scurry away and the rest of you continue moving. No one answers you, their faces unreadable and you just drop the subject from then on.

Everyone was able to exit the premises without any further delay and you were left with a growing emptiness in your stomach as you realized what this meant. The sounds of the alarm faded out as the distance grew and your group reached the car waiting for them.

Wonho sat in the driver's seat, Changkyun next to him. Everyone else hopped into the back of the van and they were off as soon as Kihyun and Jooheon shut the doors behind them. The ride was silent as no one knew what to say to the other and sooner than they thought, they arrived at the location. The van pulled to a stop, driver and passengers turning to look solemnly at you.

"Guess this is where we part, Sister. So soon too", Shownu laughs halfheartedly. You frown at him and the others, the gloomy atmosphere getting to you. You open the doors and step out, turning to give them all a determined look, "I promise I will come back for all of you. No matter what, I will do everything in my power to save you as you have done for me so don't think of this as a goodbye". The leader looks at you with a proud smile, happy she has accepted them all despite their mistakes and is now willing to risk her safety to help them.

"Alright, Y/N-ah. See you later then", he says and you return his smile. You watch as Monsta X, spirits back up again, give you a "Hwaiting!", cheer in unison and they drive away. Your attention shifts as you hear more than one voice approaching, one of them growling in a threatening tone, "That blonde guy better not have been lying about all this. I'll be happy to introduce him to my fists if this turns out to be an ambush", earning grumbles of agreement from the others.

You giggle as you realize they were talking about Wonho, starting to move in the direction of the men. "Hey boys, did ya miss me?", you called out as you stood out from the shadows, standing now in front of them all. Their eyes all brightened at the sight of you, everyone of them shrieking in joy, "Y/N!!!", and running towards you. "Oh, geez", you muttered as they stampeded in your direction, you taking steps backward, afraid to get trampled in their disarray.

***

Well who could these people be? I wonder... Anyway, another apology for the long wait guys. Been making myself busy with other things lately, I hope your day is going well and see you next time, annyeong!

Song Name: Feel So Good

Artist: B.A.P

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength"

-Corrie Ten Boom