Family or Family

Faith walked until she found herself in front of her house, a big modern cabin in the woods. She didn't mind walking 3 to 4 miles to the hide out and back. She walked in the front door and noticed all the lights were off, nobody was awake. She walked upstairs and down the hallway, she peeked in her parents room and saw them sleeping. She didn't want to bother them so she walked to her room. She opened her bedroom door and appeared in her big, clean, modern room. She turned on the lights and got dressed for bed when she heard a knock on her door. She turned around and saw her mother standing in the doorway.

"Hi mom..." Faith said quietly.

Asuna looked younger than she was (50's), she looked like she was in her 30's or 40's. "Your home awfully late."

Faith looked at the ground. "Ya..."

Asuna smiled. "Can I guess what you've been doing?"

Faith gulped. "Sure."

"Drinking?"

Faith could tell that she wasn't serious about her answer. "No"

"Drugs?" She guessed again

Again faith could tell her guess wasn't serious, she shook her head.

Asuna grinned. "I'm just kidding, I know you've been hanging out with delinquents."

Faith was shocked. "H-How did you know!"

Asuna laughed. "I recognized the signs, home late, weird outfits besides your school uniform, your weird looking friends you invite over every now and then..."

Faith sighed. "Okay you got me, your not mad?"

Asuna shook her head. "I've known for a long time, I had some time to reflect and cool down."

"What about dad?"

"He doesn't know, if he finds out your totally dead." She grins. "Are you the leader of the group?"

"How did you find that out?!"

"Your friends called you "boss" the other day, it was obvious at that point."

"Uuuuhhh..." Faith falls onto her bed.

"It's okay honey, I'm not mad. I only ask for one thing."

Faith turns her head towards her.

"Please, don't die."

Faith smiles and hugs her mother, Asuna slowly strokes her hair. "I promise I won't die, thanks for believing in me."

Asuna smiled and lifted her head. "Of course I believe in you, I always have and I always will." She gently kisses her nose and hugs her again.

A few minutes later, Asuna tucks in her daughter and turns off the light. "Goodnight." She said softly as she shuts the door. Faith thought about the next mission, the possibility of dying, and the future while she laid in bed.

The next morning came around, as usual, Faith got up earlier than her parents and headed towards the hide out. She looked at the time displayed on her phone. "7:30, huh?"

Once she got to the hide out, she started to train in her secret training quarters. Later, she went over the mission with everyone. That was her plan for the day anyway.

Kazuto woke up before Asuna did, he looked over at his sleeping wife. He immediately got up and went to Faith's room, he knocked and opened the door finding nobody inside. For the last month, he's been trying to get up as early as possible. He wants to find out why she's been running off and coming home late at night. Something told him that Asuna knew all about it too.

Once Asuna woke up, he asked her about it. She shrugged and told him she didn't know where she went.

Kazuto was determined to find out where Faith was running off to, so he went to the last place he could think of.

He walked in the front door of the massive building, walked down its giant hallways, went through its doors, and always found himself in a familiar room.

"Kazuto? What are you doing here?" A familiar voice asked.

He turned around and saw a tall girl with long blue hair and blue eyes. She looked like she was in her late 30's, and she held a brown box filled with files.

"Hello Hisaya, long time no see." He smiled.

Hisaya placed the brown box beside the doorway. "Can I help you with something?"

"Yes, can you put tabs on my daughter Faith?"

Hisaya smiled. "Come on Kirito, you know I can't do silly stuff like that."

Kazuto frowned. "Please, she's been disappearing a lot, waking up early and coming home late at night. I have a feeling Asuna knows about it but she won't tell me."

Hisaya shook her head. "It looks like you'll have to figure this on your own. Asuna already figured it out, I've figured it out, and her sister figured it out.

Kazuto glared at her. "How did her sister figure it out?"

Hisaya laughed under her breathe. "Kuroyukihime was the first to find out!"

Kazuto looked around the room. "Speaking Of Kuroyukihime, where is she?"

Hisaya smiled. "She's helping me organize the files like a good partner!"

Kazuto sighed. "I still can't believe she became an agent!"

"She surprised us both!" Hisaya laughed before she heard a familiar voice.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" Kuroyukihime (26 years old) was standing at the door with a couple of boxes, she set them down and walked up to her dad.

"Kuro! There you are! Your dad was wondering about something and I didn't want to tell him unless I got permission from you." Hisaya faced Kuro as she approached.

"What is it?"

"It might be a long shot but can you tell me what Faith is hiding from me?"

She glared. "Did mom say anything?"

He shook his head.

"Sorry, but I'll have to leave it at that." She said sadly.

"What! Why?" He asked.

"Mom said that this was personal and we couldn't tell you unless you found out on your own. Mom is afraid you might get mad at her and force her to quit." Hime sadly unboxed the boxes that were by the doorway. "Besides, if she hasn't told you yet, that means she's not ready to tell you."

Kazuto frowned. "Your right... Then can I use the computer?" He pleaded.

"Sorry, agents only." Hisaya declined

"Aw please! Kuro?" He pleaded

She shook her head. "Sorry dad."

He looked sadly at the ground. "Oh! How is Haruyuki doing?"

Kuro blushed. "He's fine. Why are you asking about him at a time like this?"

"I was just wondering how my baby's husband was doing, nothing out of the ordinary...." he said innocently.

"Dad your so weird."

Kazuto sighed. "Fine, I'll leave you guys to it then." Kazuto left and headed home.

Later that night, he secretly hid in their office located next to Faith's room. He was planning on surprising her and asking her non-stop about everything. He waited all night but she never came home.