Meeting Rivals

They stared intensely into each other's eyes, no one made any movements, Sora could hear his heart beat. 'This might be a tough opponent.' He thought to himself.

"Sora, do you know where we are standing?" Kay asked

He looked at the river. "By a beautiful river."

He shook his head. "In a back yard, we are trespassing."

Sora glared at him. "We aren't but you are!"

"You know who lives here? Cause I do too." He grinned.

He didn't say anything, just glared at him until he continued to talk.

"Yes, the people that live here are quite popular. The amazing Kazuto Kirigaya who creates games and full dive equipment, Asuna Kirigaya Who helps design the covers and what not, and....." he froze.

Sora still didn't say anything.

"You know who she is, Faith Kirigaya, the most fastest and Agile person in the city. All gang members fear her because by the time they have an opportunity to take her down they're already on the ground, stunned."

Sora grinned. "You honestly think that she's that powerful?"

Kay didn't say anything for a few seconds. "Well, I've heard rumors about sibling and their capabilities but none of them are proven to be true. But her power is a different story."

"Maybe it's because she doesn't want anyone to get hurt."

Kay shrugged. "I've also heard that she used to have 2 sibling but she's down to 1 now. Maybe that's the reason why she became a delinquent?"

"How do you know so much about her?" Sora asked curiously.

"Rumors spread." He stared into Soras eyes as he looked away. "What? Your telling me that you didn't know that about her? Her oldest sister died before her eyes and that's the reason why she became a delinquent. She wanted to be stronger than everyone else and now she is."

Sora's fists squeezed together.

"Then again, your kind of in the same boat. Trying to get stronger for your family but there's one person you can't beat and that's your leader."

"I don't want to beat her! She's perfect where she is!"

"Is it because you love her? You hold back on your dreams because you love a stupid girl? Men should rule the world while girls should be our slaves and do everything we ask them too!"

"That's where your dead wrong! Girls are just as capable of doing things! Maybe even better!" Sora yelled irritatedly.

Kay smiled. "We'll see about that."

A noise was heard from the distance, the guys stayed quiet until Kay was kicked into the river. Faith stood before him on the shore. She still had her school uniform on, her hair was perfectly done, she glared at the man in the river.

"Faith!" Sora said surprisingly.

"Why are you guys in my back yard!?" She yelled frustratingly.

Kay was sitting in the shallow water, water dripped off his face and landed back in the stream as he glared at her.

She glared back at him but with more intensity.

Kay sighed. "Alright, you got me." He stood up and let the water drip off of him.

Faith turned to Sora who was standing beside her. "Why are you here?"

"We didn't see you at the hide out so we came here to check on you." He replied honestly.

"I told everyone this mornings that everyone could have the day off, but you weren't there to hear it." She said a little annoyed. "Where were you?"

He didn't say anything for a few minutes but he knew that he had to tell her something. "I-I was hanging out with Rylan, like good friends."

Faith gave him a glare before sighing. "Fine..." she turned back to Kay who was still standing in the river. "Do you have a bone to pick with me?"

Kay shrugged. "Personally no, but my boss would like to pick a few."

"Why were you in my yard?" She asked.

Kay was confused. "Wait, you knew I was there?"

Faith smiled. "What? I totally didn't notice the bushes moving and you running across my front lawn."

"How did you know I was there?" Kay asked with a surprised look.

"I know when I'm being watched, especially when it's a guy with a tattoo on his face." She crosses her arms.

Kay's head bowed in defeat.

"Now, why does your boss want to pick a bone with me?"

"He wants to challenge the most powerful delinquent in the city, and that so happens to be you. He wants to prove that he can beat you and prove that he his more powerful than you."

Sora was confused. "What does it mean when someone wants to pick a bone with someone?"

"It's another phrase for fight to the death, I don't know who thought of it but it's kind of a weird phrase." Faith replied without taking her eyes off Kay.

Sora nodded in agreement. "That is a weird phrase but it kind of makes sense."

"So, will you do it?" Kay asked.

"Not that I have much of a choice, if I refuse then I'll be a target to him." Faith said quietly.

Sora could tell that she was trying to think of a plan, think of a way to get out of this sticky situation. Sora had to think of something, he had to protect what was precious to him.

"Actually, will he accept the challenge from me instead?" Sora asked.

Kay and Faith were both surprised. "What! What are you talking about?" Faith asked.

"Let me fight in your place, it's our job to protect you like it's your job to protect everyone else."

Faith was still surprised by the idea, she stared at him before staring at the ground.

"I don't think our boss would like that." Kay said. "He asked for her specifically and he's that type of guys where he gets what he wants."

Sora was stuck, he couldn't think of anything else.

"Where and what time?" Faith asked finally giving in.

Kay smiled. "At the dry arena at 8 am, he doesn't care on the date."

"Then how about two days from now, Saturday? Since most of us will have school and all...." She suggested.

"That could work but he's not a very patient person, why not skip school?" Kay asked. "That's What delinquents usually do..."

"Ya well, not me. My parents would kill me if they found out I skipped class, they're strict that way." Faith crosses her arms.

Kay shrugged. "I'll talk to my boss and send you a letter, the letter might have good news or bad news." He got up and started to walk away.

Faith started to head off towards the house, but Sora had a tough job. Telling Rylan what happened.