Protect

Stay away from her!" A voice yelled.

The doctor looked and saw Rylan running towards them.

"Oh?" The doctor was surprised on the rescue.

"N-No..... Rylan....." Faith said weakly. "D-Don't.....get..... close to him."

Rylan stopped a couple yards away from them. "Don't worry, he can't shoot at me with no bullets in his gun."

"How do you know I don't have more bullets boy?" The doctor asked with a cocky tone.

Rylan smiled. "You don't have a bag with you and there's no way you can fit that many bullets in your pockets. Lab pants don't have pockets, and your bullets would be visible through your lab coat."

"Nice observation, you are technically correct."

"Technically?"

"It's a phrase I like to use, but you didn't think of the inside pockets did you."

Rylan thought he had more bullets or another gun at hand, not knowing what to do he froze up.

The doctor reached inside his coat and pulled out a syringe filled with an unknown liquid.

"Wha-what's that?" He asked.

"Oh this? It's something I always have handy just in case someone is willing to attack me." He looks at the long needle attached to the container. "Kind of a gnarly looking toy but I like to play with them." He held the syringe out in front of him, pointing the needle at him.

Rylan looked over at Faith who was lying on the ground, holding her wound tightly, gasping her air. He could tell she was getting weaker and weaker by the minute, she was loosing to much blood. Faiths life, the love of his life was in his hands. He knew if he didn't play his cards right, she would die. Rylans hands turned into a fist, he looked angrily at the man in from of him.

"What's the look for? Do you hate me now?" The doctor teased.

He sighed, relaxing his body. "Why did you shoot her?" I know you did it on purpose and I know that you aimed for that spot on purpose."

"Why do you think that?"

"When you were pointing the gun at her, I noticed you were moving your lips, counting the bullets you had left. Then you changed your gaze towards her, specifically her stomach. You wanted to shoot her where she wouldn't die immediately but where she couldn't move. You wanted to paralyze her so she couldn't fight back, not to push her and scare her. You wanted to injure her in some way, why?"

The doctor smiled. "Well, well, well.....aren't you the observant one. But what about you? There must be a reason why you ran out here."

Rylan didn't say anything, just looked the doctor in the eye.

"Oh? Is that it? You have a special connection with her. And I think I know what that connection is." He starts to walk over to Faith who was still lying on the ground. As he got closer and closer to her Rylan felt rage build up inside him. Faith was at the point where she couldn't move anymore, could hardly lift her hand off the ground. He was inches from her hand, laid just above her head. He placed his foot on her wrist, pressed against it. She didn't move, she laid there while tears fell from her eyes and landed helplessly on the grounded.

"Awww look, she's crying..... I wonder if it's because her wrists hurt or it's because she feels like a failure."

Rylan gave him a deathly stare. "Don't.......touch......her....."

The doctor smiled, he looked down at the injured teenage girl. He looked at the blood that was all over the ground and her bloody hand that was over the wound.

"It's a shame the best delinquent in the city fell down before me, her sister even put up more of a fight." He looked down and saw more tears come from Faiths eyes, he sighed. He lifted up his foot and sent his heel right into her wrist, breaking it for the second time. She screamed in pain.

Rylan ran over and started to throw punches at the doctor, the doctor backed off. Rylan looked down at her wrist, it was swollen. "What did you do?"

"Isn't it obvious, I broke her wrist." He smiled. "But it seems like this isn't the first time breaking it...."

Faiths eyes widened even though there were more and more tears falling down her cheeks.

"Sound familiar Faith?" He asked. "Remember when you and your family were hiding in the mountains. We took everyone except for you, you happened to slip into the river. Of course when your father found you, your wrist was broken. Why do you think that?"

Faith laid there, not saying a word.

"It's because I dragged you out of the water and decided to break your wrist. And because I'm a good person I decided to leave you there. When your father found you, it looked like you washed up on shore and you hit your wrist on a rock."

Faith put her good hand on the ground and pushed herself up, her arm shook as she went into the sitting position.

"No Faith, save your strength." Rylan put his hand on her back, he noticed that she was furious. Her eyes lit a bright yellow and her face had anger written all over it.

She struggled to her feet, blood dripped everywhere, she grabbed her black sword with her good hand but she could hardly lift it off the ground.

"Interesting, a normal human couldn't stand up at all." The doctor said, he looked at her stomach wound, it wasn't bleeding anymore. 'Her special power must've stopped the bleeding for her but the hole is still there.' He thought.

She began to walk towards him, he stepped towards her with a smile on his face. "Do you know a girl named Yumi?"

Faith didn't recognize the name, instead she continued to walk towards the doctor.

"Well, I'm sure your parents know of her. She was a close friend of your mothers. Even though they started off as enemies they became good friends towards the end."

"Shut up." Faith said quietly with an emotionless facial expression. She swung her sword at him, making a cut in his other cheek.

"What! You can still hold that thing?!" He asked confusingly.

"I don't use my arm to balance the sword, I use my body weight. My arm swings it." She glares at him.

The doctor smiled again and goes up to her, pushing her to the ground. She falls backwards and let's go of the sword. "Try getting up again." He looks over at Rylan. "Now it's your turn." He takes out the syringe. Rylan was furious, he started to throw punches at the doctor but once he missed there was a needle in his skin. He fell to ground unconscious.

"Rylan...." Faith said weakly.

The doctor went over to Faith and stopped inches away from her head, he kneels down. "Have a good nap."

Faith started to get drowsy, her eyes slowly began to shut, until darkness was all she could see.