The Wait and the Flashback

Doctors were in Faiths room, they all surrounded her and were barking orders at each other. The air was tense and everyone was panicked.

Kazuto and Asuna ran through the hospital halls trying to get to Faiths room. A few minutes ago they got a call from the hospital that Faith started to breathe heavily and her heart rate spiked. When they got to the room, all they saw were doctors backs moving around her bed. Asuna was about to walk in before Aki stepped in front of her. "Sorry guys, can you wait outside?"

"What! We need to see her now!" Kazutos voice was filled with fear and was very eager to get to his daughters side.

"I'm sorry Kazuto, I would rather not let you in and save her life than let you in and have her die. It's simply to risky." Aki said sadly. She left them and helped the other doctors, Asuna could see a little bit of her daughters face. She could tell her breathing was heavy and could see sweat dripping down her face.

Asuna put her hand over her heart in heartache. Kazuto put his hand on her shoulder. "Come on, there's nothing we can do here." They walked downstairs into the waiting area. They sat down when they heard a little cry from a small child. A man across the room was with a small girl, she was jumping up and down in front of him while the man was stressed about everything. He was rubbing his forehead stressfully as he leaned against his leg. The little girl was wining to her dad about something.

"Daaaaad.....I want to......see mommy!" The little girl whined.

"Not now Abby, she's getting surgery." He looked down at the little girl and picked her up and set her on his lap.

"Are you worried daddy?" The little girl spoke softly.

The man nodded.

"Don't worry daddy, she will be out of there in no time!" She said excitedly. The man laughed at her comment.

"Does she remind you of someone?" Kazuto asked.

She nodded. "Reminds me of Yui."

Flashback:
Yui, Kuroyukihime, Kazuto, and Asuna were spending some quality time in the big open field at a nearby park. Yui and Kuroyukihime were really young, Yui was 5 while Kuroyukihime was 4. The girls were playing in the big open field while Kazuto and Asuna chilled on a blanket nearby. Kazuto was sitting casually while Asuna was sleeping on his lap, he smiled at the memories back in SAO. He gently poked Asunas cheek, she didn't wake up. He sighed and continued to watch his girls play. By the looks of it, they were playing tag, Yui was it. She chased Hime around trees and tried to catch her when they hit the open field.
He smiled at their playful manner. Asuna opened one eye and saw him smiling, she poked his cheek which scared him.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." Asuna said with a hopeful happy smile.

He smiled too. "It's fine, I just thought you were asleep."

"I was but someone poked me in the cheek." She gave him a playful glare.

"Sorry mam!" He said defensively.

She laughed which made him smile. They stared into each other's eyes until they heard a scream. Asuna recognized the scream and immediately got up and went towards the scream, Kazuto got up and followed her.

There was an area that was filled with asphalt nearby, when they got to it they saw Hime on the ground crying. Yui was trying to comfort her.

"What happened?" Kazuto asked as they approached them.

Asuna went to Himes side and looked at her leg. She's hurt bad."

"We were playing tag when Hime tripped and fell." Yui replied.

Kazuto looked over Asunas shoulder and saw her scrape, it was bleeding really bad and looked like it was cut by something sharp. "That's no ordinary scrape." Kazuto said quiet enough for Asuna to here.

She nodded in agreement. "It looks like she tripped over the asphalt edge and landed on a sharp rock or something."

He looked behind him and sure enough he saw a sharp rock sticking out of the ground, it was placed between two cracks almost like it was put there. Kazuto scowled at it. "Who would do something like that?" He whispered to himself.

"Kazuto." Asuna looked behind her knowing that he was upset. "We need to get her home."

He stood up. "Alright."

They headed back, Asuna was carrying Hime on her arm while Kazuto held Yuis hand. Hime was still crying from the pain, all her mother could do was rub her back and hope she will calm down a little bit.

When they got to the car, Yui held Himes hand for comfort and talked to her to try to keep her mind off of the pain. It worked for a little while until they got home, Asuna carried her into the house and put her in the bathroom. Blood was everywhere.

An hour passed and Hime was finally all patched up, the bathroom floor had blood all over it, it almost looked like a murder scene.

Asuna carried her out of the bathroom and sat her on the couch next to Yui. Yui placed her hand on hers. "Don't worry, you'll be fine."

Hime smiled at her. "Ya! Then we can play tag again!"

The girls started to laugh.

"Yui is such a good girl." Asuna said quietly. "She will be a loving big sister and a terrific role model to her younger siblings."

"Younger siblings?" Kazuto asked with a confused scared tone.

"I-I kinda want to have another one.......if that's okay with you....." she said shyly.

Kazuto blushes. "I-Um..."

"It's okay if you don't..... I just have a weird feeling about Yui." Asuna looks behind her and sees her two girls having fun in the back.

Kazuto sighed. "Can we talk about this another time?"

Asuna nodded with a smile.
End of Flashback:
Kazuto put his hand on Asunas hand. "We need to have Faith in her, that's one reason why we named her that right?"

Asuna nodded. "Don't worry, I always have faith in her and in you." She places her head against his. "I've never lost faith, not for an instant."