XXIII

Yoonji's POV
We finally reached home, the rest went to their respective dorms.

The dorm lady knew that Mark's my brother so he's allowed in my dorm room.

"Ok, it'll be painful, I've casted a small spell so you can scream. Nobody will hear you alright? It'll last around 30 mins. And-"

"Just get on with it." I cut him off. Well...he's getting very long-winded. Sorry not sorry.

Alright. Here he goes. His hands formed a weird hand sign and words showed as his hands moved. I can't understand the words.

The words slowly comes near to me and then went into my forehead and pain shot through my head.

I felt like my head is going to explode soon. I clutched my head and bit my lower lips to prevent myself from screaming in pain.

However, the level of pain increases over time and I started rolling over and screaming in pain.

Soon, not only my head hurts, my whole body hurts too.

I curled into a ball in attempt to stop the pain.

"Yoonie, stay strong." Mark shouted anxiously.

Stay strong, stay strong Lee Yoonji. Stay strong.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the process to be over.

After 30 mins, the pain subsided and a soothing heat envelopes me and calms me down.

"Hey sis, you ok?" Mark looked at me with concern in his eyes.

"Yea. I'm good." I replied weakly.

"After this, I'll have to bring you back to the Head Quarters to let you learn how to use and control your powers." Mark helped me up and sat down on the floor.

I nodded weakly. I'm way too tired to reply and soon, darkness took over me.

Mark's POV
I carried the already asleep Yoonji and placed her on her bed and tucked her in.

Once her training starts, things will get better.

I left her dorm building and went back to my own dorm room, plopping down on my bed.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated.

Mark, sad to tell you this. Our small group of 4 that were out to patrol were attacked by devils. 3 were seriously and 1 didn't survive.

Who...didn't survive the attack?

Taeseol. He took on the devils to protect the other 3. His head was torn off his body.

Devils. Those devils will pay. Burn Taeseol's body and put his ashes in the Fame Building. Jung Joo, I got a feeling that he is back and stronger now.

Yea. I know. Taeseol will be remembered.

Yea...Taeseol...Junhyung...Jungmyeon...Naseol...Da Min...Minseol...Seok Han...and those who sacrificed 5 years ago.

Don't think too much. We'll take our revenge for our family.

Oh right. My sister will be joining us this week. Take note.

Sure. Gtg. Bye Mark.

Bye.

I locked my phone. Taeseol's dead. How many more people do we have to lose in order to finish him off.

I closed my eyes in frustration and slowly slipped into lala land.

I was woken up by my phone ringing.

"Hello?"
"Mark, Jung Joo's injured. Seriously injured."
"What the heck happend? He was just texting me earlier on."
"He was bringing Taeseol's ashes to the Fame Building when he got attacked by a devil. We captured the devil but Jung Joo's in a coma now."

"I'm coming now. I'll bring Yoonji and some guys along."
"Ok."

I hung up and went to Yoonji's dorm room.

"Yoonji, we gotta go now. Something happened back in the Head Quaters. Jinyoung, Moonbin, Min and Xin are now at the front gate waiting for us." She woke up and quickly proccessed what happened.

She quickly changed and ran off with me.

"How the hell are they so fast?" She ran and talk at the same time.

"They aren't humans remember?" I commented.

"Oh right." She stopped talking and we soon reached the car.

"Let's go now. I'm driving. Full on sercurity and battle mode on guys." I started the car and drove off on full speed.

"What happened?" Yoonji asked while buckling her seatbelt.

"Taeseol was killed by a devil and 4 were seriously injured. One of them was injured in the Head Quarters." I explained.

A pang of pain shot through my heart.

They are my buddies, family.

I can't afford to lost amymore people.

As promised, 3x update
Not edited
No proof read

Goodnight to my frend who was all hyped up when I said I'm updating.

And goodnight to all my readers too =)