Chapter 11

*Your POV*

"Arrrgh!" I exclaimed in frustration, "Why can't figure out anything!"

Suddenly Sinbad popped his head into my room, "Hey (Y/N). What's got you in a bind?"

I gave him an exhausted look, "I thought that while I'm here healing up I could at least do something useful by trying to find out who that demon is. But so far I've had no luck!!"

Sinbad frowned, "There aren't even a few clues that you could follow?"

"Unfortunately I'm better at action movies than mystery movies." I sighed.

He grabbed my hand and began pulling me out the door, "Why don't you take a break and come with me? We can go for a walk."

"Tsuki will kill me if he finds out though."

"You know that I don't care about what Tsuki thinks." Sinbad grinned.

I sighed, "Unfortunately I'm aware."

Sinbad shrugged, "Well I planned to take us out for ice cream, but..."

My eyes widened, "Ice cream?"

"Yeah," He smirked, "But I'd understand if you don't want to go."

"NO!" I gripped the hand he was holding me with tightly, "Come on Sin what are you waiting for?! Let's go!"

Then before I knew it we were standing next to Angel.

Sinbad laughed, "You must really like ice cream."

My eyes sparkled, "Yes! Ice cream is the best!"

"(Y/N)."

I jumped and spun around to face Angel, "Was that you?"

The glass rippled, "Yes."

"A-Are you supposed to be speaking to me like this?" I asked in wonder.

"No, but you are a special case." She said.

'That's odd, her voice sounds less automatic.'

I looked at Sinbad, "You're hearing this too, right?"

He nodded, "Yeah, you're not crazy."

Angel continued, "I know I told you that I am merely a mirror and nothing more, but in truth that is not the case."

"Then w-what are you?" I said hesitantly, "T-That is if you don't mind me asking."

"I'm sorry, but I cannot tell you that yet." Angel said apologetically.

"So what exactly can you tell us?" Sinbad butted in.

I gave him a look, "Sinbad don't be so rude."

Sinbad looked at Angel a bit skeptically, "I know that she's your friend and everything, but right now she's saying that she's 'not merely just a mirror,' and if you ask me that's kind of ridiculous."

"I know," I said, "But if I told you the first time we met that you'd one day take me out for ice cream, would you have believed me?"

He hesitated, "I guess not."

I nodded, "Exactly, so let's give Angel the benefit of the doubt."

"Okay, if that makes you happy," Sinbad murmured, "I'll give her a chance."

Angel's glass rippled, "Thank you, both of you."

Sinbad and I looked at each other and grinned, "You're welcome."

"Anyway, what I wanted to tell you is that I've watched your suffering and that I want to apologize for not being there for you."

"What do you mean?" I asked.